General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Quickey

Hahah! :lol:

I haven’t seen her at Alton yet. I’m looking forward to it is she stays, :lol:
Liam

I love the nun. If they want quirky, do things like this that can be replaced when they become boring, instead of having cow monorails. :roll:
Johno

Why the Nun?
TowersFan-17

Jeesh! That Nun is hilarious :lol:

So random. I'll be on the lookout for it, next time i visit, if it stays.

:D
altontowers1

I didnt see the nun when i went how rude! :cry: .

Thats funny though :) .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Tom M

Musical Ruth almost ran me over today near Ug Land! She made me shout Amen before I was allowed past lol!
El Patricko

^^^ Which might of got her in a spot of bother if you were muslim!

Something vaugely related:

Does towers street ever have that "opening ceremony" anymore with henry cutting the red ribbon?

because i must say it was a fantastic way to start our day. :)
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
AstroDan

Is Musical Ruth staying this weekend?

*hopes*
Rob L

I hope Musical Ruth is still there when I go in a couple of weeks, it must be so funny seeing a nun riding along playing a piano. Things like this make people's visits more enjoyable so the longer she stays the better. :)

rollercoaster_crazy

Musical ruth was hilarious and added to the magic of the day! Saying that there were two farmers walking around as well pushing wheel barrows telling animal related jokes! It is the small things like this that make the real difference! It was great!
Ant

Amazing! I thought I had seen this before, a picture of the nun is on the back of an old CWOA map from 1998 I have. Been around for quite some time then :D .

Plus I seem to remember it from the Sound of Music event from 2005?. :D

How does it work do the park just hire it out? :? or is it in house?

Hope it's about at the weekend!
seanyboyuk

they should bring that old dj puppet in that mini car as seen in that 1988 promo video lol
altontowers1

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]they should bring that old dj puppet in that mini car as seen in that 1988 promo video lol[/quote]

Haha yes defo funny stuff :D .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc
Mathmosman

OH MY... the Nun!

This has gotta to be another result for the Council! I distinctly remember mentioning how fantastic this act was in Chessington in the mid 90s... and James knew who did it - so perhaps this discussion was the inspiration for the arrival at the Towers in 2008..?
MPDarby

The Nun is great, I really hope it stays. Was around at the bottom of the park when all the non-ERT riders were waiting to get into the park. Was also helped along by the staff at the bottom teling people to ignore the Nun and calling security. Very nice idea.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!
Sanbrooke Productions

The nun is great ,i hope it stays for a while. It's little things like that what really bring the MAGIC to the resort. :D
Jon

It's so funny to see how many hits you can get when you search "alton" "towers" and "nun" in youtube. I wonder how many we'll get before the end of the year!
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

All I can say is.

Nun.

Epic.

The Nun wheeled up to Alton Bear yesterday, played "HALLELUJAH" to him and then went on. Guests were humoured, laughing and pointing, getting their camera's out.

Brilliant!
Rob L

It sounds like the Nun is having a good impact on people's day at the park. Guests are being entertained which will hopefully make them more likely to return, so good move AT. Hope the Nun stays at the park for at least another few weeks. :D