Ghost Stories of Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Corkscrewed

Now, I'm not sure if a post like has already been posted, Although I couldn't find anything like this when I did a search, So I'll post it.

Has anybody ever had something strange or creepy happen at alton towers, especially near or in the Towers themselves, or in the woods near Forbidden valley? if you have please post them here, and don't make up stories just for the fun of it, because I'm not so interested in them. I know that alton towers has been covered by Most Haunted, but It's more interesting to hear "Eyewitness" accounts from people, because you should never believe everything Most Haunted says. To start things off, heres my account from september 2006, BEFORE the episode of Most Haunted aired.

in September 2006, I was visiting Alton Towers on a school trip, the first time back to AT since 2001, and you can imagine how excited I was, so maybe that was a factor. basically, around 11.30, me nd a friend went up to the towers from X-Sector, and to be honest, We had no idea were we were, apart from being near the towers. I cannot tell you how terrified I got near that area, I was shaking. it was like the feeling of someone walking over your grave, just about 1000 times worse. I then saw the shadow of a rather tall man, and that was it. Although I'm rather large, I ran for my life, and my friend, who is a much more athletic than I am, Couldn't keep up, I was running so fast. Please note their was no one else in the area, and that it was fairly quiet, the crowds sounded very distant, and the loudest thing was the screams from oblivion, which sounded distant themselves. inside the towers themselves (In which I mean, the Hex ride) wasn't so bad, but I was quiet shaken by this. Scorched into the memory, almost. Also, when I visited in 2007, me and that same friend (We like alton towers :D) got lost in the woods between Forbidden Valley and the FB skyride station (Before you ask, We took a wrong turn because we didn't see the signage), and I once again saw a shadowy figure, almost weaving through the trees towards us. It was very brief, and I didn't freak so much this time, but it was quiet a scare.

As i said, if a post like this has been made before, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find it. Remember, these are Wholly Alton Towers related stories, so if they're not from on-site, then please don't post them here.

Thank You!
seanyboyuk

my gf got stones thrown at her in the 2nd room on hex HONEST.
we was stood right at the back when the doors closed to smalls
stones hit her, 1 landed in her hood the other on the floor.
when i mean the 2nd room i mean the holding room where you
watch the first scence of the story before you go into the octagon room
bigblade40

http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14816

This topic has loads of stories in and pictures, if you go to page 6 you will see some of my experiences as a tour guide in there :D
bigblade40
alton4life

i went on a school day with some friends and we went on hex and there was like 10 of us in the second room where the video is we couldnt see anything soi i decided sit down leaning against the wall and i felt stones being thrown at me and heard them hit the wall behind me my mates didnt believe me.
Sanbrooke Productions

Footsteps in the Hex octagon room when there was no one else except me in there. :shock:
Kaycee

Someone whispered the 'c-word' in my ear when I was in the Octagon room. :(:(
Corkscrewed

which C word would that be???

yeah that octagon room sure is scary, my friend got right spooked in their last year... no idea why though...
Hauntedone

I did a charity Ghost hunt a couple of years ago, and was walking around the house at about 2 in the morning on my own with my Camcorder. Nothing much seemed to happen. A few noises like shuffling and the large door in the banquet room banged closed. However when I checked my film footage back there was this huge orb type thing that appeared and drifted down the corridor. Some people say dust, some people say insects, some people say ghosts! It's over to you to interpret it! :shock:
badger

I got a couple of orbs in the Towers dinning room.
We were there for the halloween paranormal event a couple of years ago. I thought that the medium was barking up the wrong tree on quite a lot of his comments. This can also be said of the investigation by the Most Haunted team. But then 'how would I know'.
:twisted:
stokywolf

The most recent one for me and (my sister) when we were walking to X sector from our green room in the morning earlier this week. We came out of the gate next to the green doors at the top of the tunnel entrance and one of the doors was open, when we headed towards the tunnel it slammed shut (proper esmarelda style). We were both the usual like "WTF? That's not right." Then as we walked down the tunnel and looked back both doors were wide open :?. There was very little to no wind and no one else around. When telling people on my team about it, one of them mentioned that the same had happened to her quiet a while ago.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Johno

When I was in Hex the roof collapsed on top of me.
Corkscrewed

[quote=""Starboard Stoky""]The most recent one for me and (my sister) when we were walking to X sector from our green room in the morning earlier this week. We came out of the gate next to the green doors at the top of the tunnel entrance and one of the doors was open, when we headed towards the tunnel it slammed shut (proper esmarelda style). We were both the usual like "WTF? That's not right." Then as we walked down the tunnel and looked back both doors were wide open :?. There was very little to no wind and no one else around. When telling people on my team about it, one of them mentioned that the same had happened to her quiet a while ago.[/quote]

ooh spooky.... is that the little tunnel thing near the enteranc to X sector??? that thing freaks me out...
Sanbrooke Productions

Yeah it's just near the entrace to X-Sector and also is used for the TOTT queue line at halloween. :)
Corkscrewed

aah yes, I know it now... It's what I went up when I got lost (this is why it freaks me out, It's also quite echoey...). I thought it was a shortcut to Hex!!! Oh how stupidity reighns...
nicolah

:shock: on wednesday 13 th august we decided to take a little look in the towers we entered via the entrance nr oblivion you know next to that little tunnel walked through it was pitch black in most of the rooms so i just stepped slightly inside i just took random photo's on my phone when looking at them i got little white lights similar to orbs maybe just a trick of the light maybe not. We took a little look inside the chapel i thought i saw a figure sitting down in the left hand corner i don't know if you can get up there or not it seemed all closed off my son who is 10 came out terrified as her said he saw a figure with what looked like a bowl head hair cut i am assuming like a monk don't know if there were any monks at the towers in the past.The final thing what freaked me out in what looked like a bakery just outside the chapel but a little bit moor underground if you know what i mean basically i was just messing about taking random pictures when i looked back on them there seem to be a figure next to one of the ovens it looked like a old fashioned maid in black and white with like a frill around her neck i just showed it to another guest outside and said can you see anything on there she said a figure. On our return i spoke to my sister in law who is a total none bbeliever in anything spooky she is a christian and says it's devils work no seriously she said she could see a figure she thought there was some sought of tour about history going on. I will try and post it on here and i will get in touch with alton towers direct aswell. I am not a little kid with over active imagination i am a married mum of 3.
nicola hunter
nicolah

[quote=""nicolah""]:shock: on wednesday 13 th august we decided to take a little look in the towers we entered via the entrance nr oblivion you know next to that little tunnel walked through it was pitch black in most of the rooms so i just stepped slightly inside i just took random photo's on my phone when looking at them i got little white lights similar to orbs maybe just a trick of the light maybe not. We took a little look inside the chapel i thought i saw a figure sitting down in the left hand corner i don't know if you can get up there or not it seemed all closed off my son who is 10 came out terrified as her said he saw a figure with what looked like a bowl head hair cut i am assuming like a monk don't know if there were any monks at the towers in the past.The final thing what freaked me out in what looked like a bakery just outside the chapel but a little bit moor underground if you know what i mean basically i was just messing about taking random pictures when i looked back on them there seem to be a figure next to one of the ovens it looked like a old fashioned maid in black and white with like a frill around her neck i just showed it to another guest outside and said can you see anything on there she said a figure. On our return i spoke to my sister in law who is a total none bbeliever in anything spooky she is a christian and says it's devils work no seriously she said she could see a figure she thought there was some sought of tour about history going on. I will try and post it on here and i will get in touch with alton towers direct aswell. I am not a little kid with over active imagination i am a married mum of 3.[/quote] as i said i wii post the picture here we go
nicola hunter
bigblade40

The picture is not working im afraid, if you need help posting it i'm sure if you e-mail it to one of the mods they will post if for you. Or you can e-mail it to me and I will.

bigblade40@hotmail.com
bigblade40
nicolah

[quote=""Aaron5050""]:P iwas nere oblivion and i walked out of x sector and i heared a go away and then a orb and a face on my camara next to olivion freaky[/quote]

:shock: I know what you mean, I think it is the same thing I saw in the Chapel - it said in a sort of wispy voice, 'go away'.
nicola hunter
damian

well i was in the towers in the banquet hall with my little bro and dad and the walked off some where and i saw a long shadow that walked towards me was dead odd coz there was no one around to create the shadow it walked towards me and just vanished to no where i was like wow that was strange some of your stories are better though :D
Crazy"Alton"F

on the bath between ug land and x sector i looked up at the towers and swear i saw a shodow in the window ( when i say window i mean where the window would be if the was glass cuz its just a rectangle wiv no glass)