Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dean

Nothing i'm aware of it's stopped rainning now...
bobblebob

Does spinball whizzer still have the 17 stone per rider weight limit?
BULBOUS

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Well about the thing that Alton Towers does, something about if you pay to come in one day, you can come in for the next day for just £8. Well, with this can you still use offers and things like 2 for 1 on top :?:[/quote]

To clarify - you can purchase a regular entrance ticket however you like (Walkers BOGOF, Raring2Go etc) and buy a bounceback/Towers2 ticket from Sales & Information later in the day regardless of the offer used to gain entry on the first day. However, Towers2 tickets cannot be bought at the 2for1 rate. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
bobblebob

Do Guest Services have plenty of lockers, and how easy it is to get one?
Quickey

Yeah, they have quite a few. I have never had a problem getting one.

They just take your stuff, and put it in a back room, and then give you a slip to get your stuff back at the end of the day. I think it costs about £3.
Wiggler

rather than lockers aren't they more like cubby holes?
Quickey

^ Yeah, that is correct.
badgerbadger

Hi All :)

Thought best put this in the quick questions section - I am off to the towers on the 18th, and want to take my camera to get some good piccies!

My question is, where is the best place to put my camera while on a ride? It's a Fuji S9600, same size as an SLR, so won't fit in my pockets or anything like that unfortunately.

Would I be better off taking a smaller camera? I also have a compact digital but the picture quality isn't as good!

:?

Cheers Chaps and Chappesses! :D

Rob
FallenAbyss

I have a fuji 6500 fd (just slightly smaller than a DSLR) but have no problems taking it to towers. I do own one of the photography bags which helps protect it and keep it safer on rides such as Corkscrew (where you have to take your bags on with you) on many rides there are places to put your bags which are at your own risk so just be aware that theyre not 100% safe but i've not had any problems storing my stuff in them .... many rides you can take your bag on with you ....

Often i'll take a much more compact camera if i'm with friends which is a lot easier if i'm honest ... you have a lot lesss to worry about but when it comes to ride photography the pictures aren't a patch on the 6500fd so I guess it depends what kind of photos you're after ... if you're afer pictures of you and your friends enjoying towers then the smaller camera is better ... if you're going for high quality arty images take your bigger camera.
bobblebob

How much revenue to they make from the "your day" dvd?

I keep seeing people trying to get one of the wristbands on your arm claiming they're free. But they dont tell you it costs £20 to get the dvd!
AstroDan

The wristbands are free, and to be fair, they hardly have the time to keep shouting "FREE WRISTBAND, BUY THE DVD LATER FOR £20 NO OBLIGATION" as they just sound like salesmen/women.

YourDay revenue goes to both Alton Towers and YourDay. Figures are not available, obviously.

:)
Hark

Does anyone know or can recommend anywhere nice in the local area to get a bit of food on the night, as my parents aren't too keen on eating in the hotel and want to get a pub diner or something. :roll:

Thanks.
Starlight expresser

hi,
im booking alton towes hotel for october and on their site it says i can book 1 night stay with unlimited theme park entrance, i take it if i go back in park next day thats included or will i have to purchase a bounceback ticket inside the park on the day??????

cheers

Andy
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I believe you get entrance to the park for both days. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Kaycee

Merged with Quick Questions topic. :)

And yep, you do. :)
Anonymous

We'll be going to Alton Towers this Sunday with my kids [ages 5 & 8].

1. Do any of the kids' rides open at 9am to season passholders? We're planning on buying the Merlin pass online & picking it up at the park on Sunday.

2. Also - is it even possible to pick up the Merlin passes before 10am?

3. Do we pay for parking upon entering, or when leaving? If we pay upon entering, will they give us free parking when we don't yet have the Merlin passes?

Thanks.

-Bob
AstroDan

[quote=""quinnrj""]We'll be going to Alton Towers this Sunday with my kids (ages 5 & 8).

1. Do any of the kids' rides open at 9am to season passholders? We're planning on buying the Merlin pass online & picking it up at the park on Sunday.

2. Also - is it even possible to pick up the Merlin passes before 10am?

3. Do we pay for parking upon entering, or when leaving? If we pay upon entering, will they give us free parking when we don't yet have the Merlin passes?

Thanks.

-Bob[/quote]

1. Rides on ERT include Heave Ho, Runaway Mine Train, Duel, Battle Galleons, Marauder's Mayhem and Spinball Whizzer. Some of these are obviously suitable for children.

2. I am not aware that the Annual Pass office opens until 10am. However, I am sure they would consider letting you through. You'd have to check though.

3. You pay for parking at any stage during the day and use a token to get out. Therefore, if you'll pick up passes during the day, you won't need a token as your pass will suffice.
BULBOUS

When I went in July, I got an Annual Pass renewal before 10AM - you should be able to get one and still take advantage of at least some ERT. :)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Nick

I have seen the Annual Pass office open before 10 a few weeks back, but that could be due to peak season
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

How do the monorail trains get on and off the storage track?