Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kaycee

This is the topic for all your 'quick questions' for 2008. :)

Please use this topic for anything you may have that could be answered in one single post - this is to prevent the forum being clogged up with topics that only require a single post in reply.

Forum topics = discussion
This topic = your quick questions

Please try to keep this topic as uncluttered and as easy a read as possible - if you would like to dispute something that has been said, or would like to discuss something that's been brought up as a quick question - feel free to post a discussion topic on it. :)

For your reference also:

Quick Questions 2007

Alton Towers' Official Website

TowersTimes Main Site

Please no spam or pointless posts... just questions, and answers. <!-- s]
Last edited by Kaycee on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom King Of Speed

;D!

Just a quicke. Has anyone got any photos of the Haunted Hollow Live characters during the ScareFest event? Iv'e looked at the ScareFest topic, but there isn't any :(
Wiggler

[quote=""Tom King Of Speed""]
Just a quicke. Has anyone got any photos of the Haunted Hollow Live characters during the ScareFest event? Iv'e looked at the ScareFest topic, but there isn't any :([/quote]

there's quite a lot on facebook...

Feargus

The whole crew @ TTOT Exit

Feargus & Nath

Near Tower Street

Feargus & a coffin

near tower street again
Tom King Of Speed

[Q] Does anyone know any staff that acted out characters during the 2007 ScareFest event? Im looking for anyone that can help me with my expressive arts final piece for my GCSE, as im basing it on the characters in the Haunted Hollow.
Wes

Have a look HERE.

I am sure some of you will see some familiar faces!

:D
Wiggler

[quote=""Tom King Of Speed""][Q] Does anyone know any staff that acted out characters during the 2007 ScareFest event? Im looking for anyone that can help me with my expressive arts final piece for my GCSE, as im basing it on the characters in the Haunted Hollow.[/quote]

Do i count?!?! i played Skelvin & Franklin... and a wizard... i never got a chance to do patch... and i dressed up as phil randomly but never went on park as as him...

i was franklin in this pic...
davewazere

Can someone tell me how i can renew my annual pass please
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/875-big-dave/"]Image[/url]
BULBOUS

If it's before the expiry date, just trot along to your closest attraction (apart from the London Eye, don't think they do 'em there), go in and ask someone where the annual pass office is. Go in, say you want to renew your pass, and they'll do it for £75.

If it is after it has expired, you'll have to pay for an annual pass at ticketing, then go in and find the AP office. Give them your receipt and they'll activate it or take your picture again and make a new one.

:)
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Craig

The Eye actually finally got the systems to process renewals and new passes last year, so you can now renew or buy a pass there too :D
davewazere

my nearest place is alton towers which is an hour and a half away, is there any way to do it over the phone? if not when do the offices open as my pass runs out on the 14th feb. if i renew after this date will i have to pay full price?
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/875-big-dave/"]Image[/url]
BULBOUS

WRT phoning to redo an AP,

By phone:
If you would prefer to talk to someone about the Annual Pass, and make payment over the phone, you are able to do this as well.

All you have to do is decide which attraction you would like to talk to, and we will take care of the rest. Please call:

Alton Towers Resort: 0870 444 4455
Thorpe Park: 0870 444 4466
Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo: 0870 444 7777
Madame Tussauds: 0870 400 3000
Warwick Castle: 0870 442 2000
You can either collect your Annual Pass from the attraction that you purchased it through or this can be posted to you. If you require your Annual Pass to be posted to you, once payment is received you will be sent a form to fill out and ask to send it to the relevant attraction address.

So, to be honest, your best bet is to ring AT, then if they're not answering, ring Madame Tussauds or somewhere year round.

They'll let you know more detail on paying & collection when you ring them.

:)
Quickey

You know the renewal price for the annual pass is £75 if you do it within a month of it expiring, is that a month before or after? So if I got it on the 22nd on May, could I renew it on the 22nd June?
Nick

Yeh, its a month after
Jon

If you have an Annual Pass, how do you get into the park at nine? Just the normal turnstyles and you skip infront of the queues or is there another turnstyle for them?
Formerly "Dagoo"
BULBOUS

If you're looking towards the turnstyles from the monorail, there's a section to the right which says something like "Hotel & Annual Pass holders" overhead.

It's the rolling gate which opens at 9, just to the right of the middle tower. :)

Or go through the hotels and via the woodland walk. :)
LiamC

Is it possible to get AP discount on online bookings? And if so how?
AstroDan

[quote=""LiamC""]Is it possible to get AP discount on online bookings? And if so how?[/quote]

I was informed by the hotel reception that you can use the code 'WAN' to get annual pass discount, however it doesn't work. The only way to do it is via the Call Centre on 0870 458 5146.
Jon

Technical question: If I got a yourday dvd would it be possible to rip it onto a computer and make copies for my friends, or is it protected like movie dvds?
Formerly "Dagoo"
Wiggler

[quote=""Dagoo""]Technical question: If I got a yourday dvd would it be possible to rip it onto a computer and make copies for my friends, or is it protected like movie dvds?[/quote]

not sure if it would hav any copy protection on there but it wouldnt matter... ALL dvds can be easily ripped onto a pc and copies made... copy protection doesn't really do anything n its very easy to get passed...
Big D

[quote=""Tom""]Heres a quick question, does anyone know the name of the song used on the title scene of the TV series "Park Life"?[/quote]

id like to know that also, its used on an advert thats being shown as well. Cant quite remember what the adverts for though.

Couple of questions myself:
I have vouchers from tescos for the Merlin pass since my tussauds one ran out and i never received a renewal notice. I am hoping that i will be able to get it when the park opens in Feb.

Q1. im sure this has been answered but....will the annual pass office be open in feb?
Q2. Will i have to pay on the gate to get in to renew my pass (with the vouchers)?
Q3. Will the money be refunded if i do have to pay?

Thanks guys and gals
We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area.