New for 2008: Mutiny Bay

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Adam

I actually don't think the tent would work, It's too small and the wrong shape. It would need to be square. So it would defiantly have to be in a new building.

Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Quickey

I defiantly think pirate’s 4D is a possibility, and would be a good move imo, but god, what a pore film it is, lol.
Satch

Surely to have a new area, a place like Alton would want to put a fresh and new attraction in there. A Pirates 4D cinema would fit in nicely, but They should use something new to what Thorpe have. Alton seriously need something fresh to appeal to people, and not deliver something that can be had or has already been had elsewhere
haydn!

[quote=""Satch""]Surely to have a new area, a place like Alton would want to put a fresh and new attraction in there. A Pirates 4D cinema would fit in nicely, but They should use something new to what Thorpe have. Alton seriously need something fresh to appeal to people, and not deliver something that can be had or has already been had elsewhere[/quote]

Very true. The original article from the source mentions two new attractions, it doesn't say anything about recycled attractions. Could we see new two rides, plus Pirates 4D?
Jon

I've been looking at videos on youtube of Rockin Tugs. I've never rode/seen one in my life, but they look like quite a dull ride. Can anyone vouch for them?

A Ruckin Tug would fit in well, but they just seem a bit...bland really. It almost seems like the next most obvious choice bellow a ride like The Blade to appear in a pirate zone.

Just looking at pictures of Merrie Enlgand, I do feel a few twangs of sadness to think that its going. It has a charming quirkiness about it helped massively by the listed buildings to really give you a medival theme in the area. Still, it will be nice to see a new zone. I just hope they do the thing properly. I totally agree with the "anti-cartoon" front.
Formerly "Dagoo"
evil cod

Rocking tugs are kids rides through and through, kind of the same level of thrills as bouncing bugs. Dont expect much!
haydn!

I tihnk for its intended market, a Rocking Tug may pack a bigger punch that it looks.
evil cod

oh yeah dont get me wrong for little kids they are great, but as soon as they get tall enough for say ug swinger they will find it boring.
haydn!

[quote=""evil cod""]oh yeah dont get me wrong for little kids they are great, but as soon as they get tall enough for say ug swinger they will find it boring.[/quote]

But there will always be people small enough to enjoy it. Thats just a biological thing even Alton Towers can't change.
Nick

Yeh but there will always be a market for small rides like that at Alton. People grow out of rides all the time, but there won't be any shortage of new children that can experience the ride
Wortho

TBH I hope that this whole area is set up as a kids/ family area, I think thats what Alton Towers want to aim more for now as they have more thrill rides in the one park that 1. any other in the UK and 2. Most of the parks in europe as well, It really needs to catch up on its family sector and a newly themed area for this market I believe is a very good step forward. :yohoho:
Satch

Im all for there being rides orientated towards children. There will always be a fresh arrival of children to the park, and if the park can appeal towards them then a) it encourages more families to come knowing there is more than just white knuckles which only the parents can enjoy and b) it entices the kids to feel the (lack of) magic and want to come again. If AT can do a fantastic job to create interest in children then it will guarantee them returning to the park later on.

And also having the kids attractions closest to the entrance makes more sense
Wildchild

To be fair if the areas aimed at families its not all bad as its a family area. I just want the area to be themed so well.

Blackhole tent 2008
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th
Liam

After spending a chunk of time in Merrie England today, looking over to the Towers and Oblivion my mental status of this project has gone from optimistic to extremely sceptical.

I'm hoping the lake recieves no attraction at all.

Instead, install a £1million fountain jet system and create some great dancing water shows throughout the day. The surrounding area makes for perfect viewing too, and would suit the Towers backdrop.
Shent

[quote=""Liam""]I'm hoping the lake recieves no attraction at all. [/quote]

Me 2 Liam, i think it would ruin the views not that anyone cares, but iv yet to see the towers lit up, and im sure it would make a brilliant picture from Towers st over the lake. :)

[quote=""Liam""]Instead, install a £1million fountain jet system and create some great dancing water shows throughout the day. The surrounding area makes for perfect viewing too, and would suit the Towers backdrop.[/quote]

jet system would be brilliant! im sure this would be very poplar and id love to see it! :D

Good idea Liam
......The one and only... :sus:
Ash

[quote=""Liam""]Instead, install a £1million fountain jet system and create some great dancing water shows throughout the day. The surrounding area makes for perfect viewing too, and would suit the Towers backdrop.[/quote]

Would also be a good way of providing another show?
Green.Wing

[quote=""Titler""][quote=""Liam""]Instead, install a £1million fountain jet system and create some great dancing water shows throughout the day. The surrounding area makes for perfect viewing too, and would suit the Towers backdrop.[/quote]

Would also be a good way of providing another show?[/quote]

Could be like the fountain show which happens in epcot every 30 minutes. but the fountains do stuff when the show isnt on.
Liam

Yup exactly - you can do some really amazing things with fountains these days - and once they're there you can change the sequences every year to provide a new show. Maybe fire effects too.
most-hated-chip

That would be amazing Liam. Why don't you send your idea to Alton Towers?
Moley

No need, they nick half the stuff posted on here anyway! :lol: