New for 2008: Mutiny Bay

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
haydn!

[quote=""towersdude""][quote=""Mikey""]Apparently height balloons were seen on park today at approx. 200ft around the merrie england area. It was shaped like bart simpson.
[/quote]

...seen shortly after a small boy underneath was crying about letting go of his balloon

i very much doubt anything 200ft would arrive at AT, especially not in ME[/quote]

am I the only one who's stupid enough to realise he was taking the biscuit?
Squiggles

[quote=""spark""]How do they know the height was 200ft?[/quote]

Tape measure.... and some guy measuring the rope using his thumb length. :wink:
Edwardo..... move me!
spark

[quote=""Squiggles""][quote=""spark""]How do they know the height was 200ft?[/quote]

Tape measure.... and some guy measuring the rope using his thumb length. :wink:[/quote]

I thought the balloon might of had a sign on it saying 200ft :lol:
Johno

I e-mailed Alton about the balloon and they said that it is going to be for a world first drop tower designed by Mack and B+M in a joint partnership. It will be a 200ft plunge into a pool of water full of ducks.

The new theme is going to be bathtime land.
Magical Ryan

Can you stop it with the jokes please as it is not funny, If you are going to say something say something serious,

On The other hand, I cannot wait to see what we will be getting in merrie england, Just hope we get some news soon...
Wildchild

I was woundering if it would be possible to build a water style of ride in the old 3D cinema.
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th
AstroDan

[quote=""Wildchild""]I was woundering if it would be possible to build a water style of ride in the old 3D cinema.[/quote]

It really isn't that big, certainly not big enough for a water ride.

:(
Wildchild

cheers dan wasnt sure to be fair. Have you heard the post the swans are back does that mean no splash battle
Blackhole tent and retheme 2008 I hope

BEWARE Staffordshire uni rugby union lads doing it large at Alton towers on the 14th
Tom M

[quote=""Ryan2007""]
Can you stop it with the jokes please as it is not funny, If you are going to say something say something serious, [/quote]
Lmao cheer up. Heres something serious, it's a joke!
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Ryan2007""]Can you stop it with the jokes please as it is not funny, If you are going to say something say something serious, [/quote]

Awww bless :P.

Hopefully we'll be getting a 300ft drop Towers in the middle of Towers Street.

Would be perfect! :D

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Johno

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Wildchild""]I was woundering if it would be possible to build a water style of ride in the old 3D cinema.[/quote]

It really isn't that big, certainly not big enough for a water ride.

:([/quote]

Depends what AT class as a water ride.

A paddling pool would fit in there :lol:
AstroDan

Can we try and re-focus onto the Merrie England re-theme please folks, rather than suggesting utterley ridiculous concepts that would never see the light of day. :roll: :lol:

Thank you!

I'd like to throw this into the mix - Merlin attraction, new Splash Battle:

http://www.welcometosocal.com/articles/ ... tes_Q3.asp
Ash

:roll:

They have the theming and skills, just time by 2 :D

Alot cheaper when buying rides in bulk as we already know...
Johno

Supposably according to Woopedia (I've probably spelt it wrong), Oblivion is going to be repainted!
Big Dave

Yesterday (23rd) there where loads of Cavanagh construction guys around the park. Got a feeling something is going to start happening real soon.
Wes

Astrodan said they're always there apparently.
AstroDan

[quote=""Johno""]Supposably according to Woopedia (I've probably spelt it wrong), Oblivion is going to be repainted![/quote]

Personally I haven't heard anything of the like. But of course it is possible, as is anything.

And yes, Cavanagh are at the park literally, almost every day in one way or another! Although when you start seeing a lot of them (more than usual), it suggests that something is going on.
haydn!

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Johno""]Supposably according to Woopedia (I've probably spelt it wrong), Oblivion is going to be repainted![/quote]

Personally I haven't heard anything of the like. But of course it is possible, as is anything.

And yes, Cavanagh are at the park literally, almost every day in one way or another! Although when you start seeing a lot of them (more than usual), it suggests that something is going on.[/quote]

Is it likely though, that the park will close Merrie England during the open season? It's one of the parks busiest areas, and surely one of thier most lucrative?

Also, it will be interesting to see if the park take the advice given by the Customer Council, and go all out on the themeing with extensive attention to detail.
Squiggles

Based on what we've heard so far, 2 small rides and a re-theme, I'd be surprised if the park would need to close ME before the end of they year.

However, on the other hand, a symbolic closing with construction walls and a "coming soon" display is always a good way to advertise your new attractions early on. Especially during busy periods such as Halloween.
Edwardo..... move me!
haydn!

[quote=""Squiggles""]Based on what we've heard so far, 2 small rides and a re-theme, I'd be surprised if the park would need to close ME before the end of they year.

However, on the other hand, a symbolic closing with construction walls and a "coming soon" display is always a good way to advertise your new attractions early on. Especially during busy periods such as Halloween.[/quote]

Certainly is, its very much "free marketing" but lets hope they do a Disney, and theme the fences, to really add interest and excitement.