New for 2008: Mutiny Bay

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jon

Lol, I remember watching that entire video ages ago when the name mutiny bay was first released with the small hope there'd be something about it on youtube.
Formerly "Dagoo"
GreggyFace

Im Just Woundering If Heave Ho Had Arrived Yet Considering Its Opens In Less Than Two Days And Nobody Has Said Anything About It :D

Thanks x
Signature too large, maximum signature size is 150x500 pixels.
AstroDan

Moved from AT Future.

:clap:
Rob L

[quote=""GreggyFace""]Im Just Woundering If Heave Ho Had Arrived Yet Considering Its Opens In Less Than Two Days And Nobody Has Said Anything About It

Thanks x[/quote]

I'm almost certain it will have arrived, it's probably been there since last weekend. It will have been testing this week, and tomorrow is the last day of the closed season so it wouldn't really be possible to install the ride, test it and all the other things they need to do in one day. :)

I really can't belive that Mutiny Bay will be open in two days, time has passed so quickly.

Jon

Nobody has said anything about it because the park has been closed since the end of Hullaballoo. Heave Ho! should have arrived since then, if not there has been a bit of a c0ck up!
Formerly "Dagoo"
Matt-1509

According to a member on ATA that works at the Towers, Heave Ho is still yet to arrive. They are pushing it if you ask me.
Chris1

[quote=""Matt-1509""]According to a member on ATA that works at the Towers, Heave Ho is still yet to arrive. They are pushing it if you ask me.[/quote]

That's rather confusing, and worrying....

I see no reason why they would leave it this late....

:?
Skumfidus

:? I'd pretty much say if Heave Ho isn't on park it won't be open for Saturday. I know it's quite a plug and play attraction but there is still training and ADIPS to be passed off, which takes a lot longer then a day.
Rob L

[quote=""Ryan the Cabin Boy""]
I'd pretty much say if Heave Ho isn't on park it won't be open for Saturday. I know it's quite a plug and play attraction but there is still training and ADIPS to be passed off, which takes a lot longer then a day.[/quote]

Yea if it's not on park now then the chances of it being open on Saturday are extremely low, and that wouldn't be very good for Alton bearing in mind they've had so long to install it. I think they will have it on park by now though.

AstroDan

Heave Ho is not on park and I wouldn't imagine it will be open for Saturday.

I presume their is some issue with the manufacturer.
Skumfidus

[quote=""Scurvy Toe Dan""]Heave Ho is not on park and I wouldn't imagine it will be open for Saturday.

I presume their is some issue with the manufacturer.[/quote]

Arrrrrr, bilgerats!
El Patricko

Well hopefully if it's going to be late the reason would be all the lavish theming attention it could be getting (i wish).

My main concern is that it is on the map and guests will surely be confused by it's apparent abscense. I guess any of you guys down in customer scervice will have to be very paitent with the fools! (cant blame em)

Assuming this is the rockin tug from drayton i scincerley hope they remove the legoish pirate theming, and replace with quality theming on parr with the galleon.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
Wes

Well, looking around, lots of pictures at TN and ATA I am sure there will be some more to come!

http://www.towersnerd.com/tour/mutinybay/

The whole are looks AMAZING :D

Well done AT.

Also - here is a video which appeared on Central News on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVANcxlNkk
Jon

I was about to post these. It such screwy look that the server crashed when there was so much to discuss! My first impression when I saw the news snippet was ace battle galleons will be with all the little moving features - the shark in particular is a lovely touch. I know rides look very different in person than they do via a computer screen, and some rides photograph better than others, but my one concern about the ride is that it might be looking too cluttered, with balconies, galleons and small pieces of themeing dotted around the course. While this is a good asset for making the ride more emersive, I'm just thinking about how much of an eyesore it will be. But as I said, it may look a lot better in person, and I have only seen brief snapshots of parts of themeing. The standard of the themeing itself looks pretty great anyway.

Again, that video only shows a minute section, but I thought Marauder's Mayhem looks quite bare and just brown? I suppose when the ride is going and there are all kinds of lighting and sound effects it will look much more impressive. It would just be a shame, as the interior of the Tea Cups was quite attractive.

[Edit] A quick look on Towers Nerd showed I am talking complete twoddle - Marauder's Mayhem looks brillian. [/Edit]

The stage was probably my favourite part to look at. Very street peformer-esque, and it carriers the general theme of the area off well with the dragon skeletons framing it.

Although it would have been nice to see totally new facades on the buildings, I have to say that burger king actually looks quite good. They have evidently cut the costs by utilising what was alread left there from McDonalds, but overall I think it works. The yellow and red "tent" gives it the impression that it is some Pirate Trewasure stronghold or something. We haven't seen pictures yet, but I think Eastern will have a similar effect also - like the pirates have taken ideas from other countries they've sailed to.

Apparently some of the cannons don't work, which for a new ride is pretty awful!
Formerly "Dagoo"
NickReid

Is Heave-Ho even there yet??
The area looks really impressive tbh i really like it...
Battlw Gallons didn't look too busy in the pictures haha, i suppose the weather was rubbish. :)

Anyone got anymore pictures of the area or the rides/show?

xxxx
Thomas

Basically what Kelly said. :D

I really like the area, and with the music and Mutiny Bay signs you actually feel/know your going into a different area at the bottom of Towers Street.

Love Battle Galleons, themeing's great, interactivity, music its such a great laugh. Even though ques weren't big this weekend, there was still a few people on it now and then, and in summer i can see it having big ques. As much as i think the boats are groovy, i can't help but think someone eventually going to fall in with the rails blocking you either side and people jumping over. :P

So yes, Mutiny Bay gets my thumbs up.