New for 2008: Mutiny Bay

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
PeteB

[quote=""Mattia""][quote=""PeteB""]Didnt they used to have Dinosaurs around the flume woods? They should bring back something like that, theme wise I mean.
[/quote]

They did used to have the fibre glass dinosaurs from the old Dinosaur land in the Springfield Centre, then they got moved to the log flume in 1984 to make way for the blackhole before then being removed from the log flume in 1996. :)

[/quote]

Lol you must have been reading up on your history? I can actually remember days of riding the flume with Dino's :D

Anyhoo, I quite fancy my own shipwrecks idea - go on alton, you KNOW you want to :D
Johno

[quote=""Benbrit""][quote=""PeteB""]
something animated - like those things you get in RCT3 when a boat goes past
[/quote]

Like the giant evil duck in the tunnel that tries to kill you with its explosive quacking and enigmatic smile? :twisted: That thing scares the life out of me!

Any hoo back on topic, I think a nice idea to fit in with the whole water theme would be a Roller Soaker. There aren’t many round and it would be quite fun to have one gliding above the likes of mutiny bay. It would add to the whole interactive nature of the area and give the idea that a huge (water) fight is taking place between all the different pirates! Plus it looks really fun :) :) :) and I really want to go on one.

Ben[/quote]

Actually I kind of agree with you. I think it could work quite well. If the flume did go then one of those, a water coaster and some kind of show!

Now that'd make a brilliant area of the park. Just water type of rides all in one place.
PeteB

[quote=""marky.com""]I know it's slightly off topic, but PeteB, can you remember a 'sabre-toothed' tiger thing on the right hand side as you came out of the final flume tunnel before the last lift hill, that used to roar at you as you went past. For some reason it's etched into my memory but no-one else has ever said they remember it?[/quote]

Not really, if I saw a picture of it I would probably remember. I only have vague memories of Dinosaurs, not because I was so young but because I must have been on the flume 1000's of times over the years and things always seem to be changing around the park. I can only just remember seeing the train pass through the woods, which is now the Haunted Hollow of course.
Benbrit

[quote=""Javs""]Now that would be an eyesore! :roll:[/quote]

I don’t know, if alton could be bothered to theme it properly then they could create quite an exiting ride that fit in well, its the same argument for the Battle galleons, if themed well they will fit in nicely, if not they will be an eye sore *Cough*spinball and destroy the view of the tavern.

Ben
Dr Pop Rocket

It's all sounding interesting, theming sounds or at least seems to be an important part of this project and hopefully budget cuts do not make this another Air, but I'm sure it won't.

Battle Galleons certainly will be a popular ride with most people, it's got a gimmick that will really appeal to the general public, the queues for it will be huge in the summer so I'll be riding it as much as possible at the start of the season even if it is freezing.

As for the flume, well not too surprised it's not getting re-themed, a tad annoying but with any luck it'll be gone in the next few years, so long as it is clearly sealed off from Mutiny Bay it'll be fine for the time being.

So if everything is pulled off well this will probably one of the better decisions of recent times.
Lauren

As others have said, it will be good in other places as it will take some time off the flume and rapids ques in summer.
seanyboyuk

from reading the terms the other day i feel pretty confident the
extra ride will be the blade renamed and themed into the area.
Anonymous

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]from reading the terms the other day i feel pretty confident the extra ride will be the blade renamed and themed into
the area.[/quote]

Terms?

Adam x
AstroDan

I just want to clarify the term "budget cuts" that so easily seems to get pushed about the forums as an excuse as to why things like Air and Rita don't get themed to the max.

It is not usual for a budget to be "cut". The most regular scenario is that projects, rather like Wembley and many other major projects, simply run "over budget". Unlike something like Wembley, where the government may be willing to plug it with cash or it looks like a national embarassment, in business this may not always be the case.

People at AT are hardly going to sit around a table and say "oh lets take £x away from that project and have it looking rubbish" - the fact is money gets used up, unfortunately, and there isn't a bottomless pit.

So it's not that budgets get slashed for projects, they are often just innacurate.
Wes

Well, as Themeing will pay a major part in this Re-Theme, lets hope they will have budgeted for themeing. Afterall, these 'new attractions' won't exactly be expensive.
seanyboyuk

i can just see it being a way for alton to save money and help promote the new area thats all. all they have to pay is to relocate the ride and retheme it.
Doopy Dan

It's all sounding interesting, theming sounds or at least seems to be an important part of this project and hopefully budget cuts do not make this another Air, but I'm sure it won't.
Ild say its safe to say this is a ride where the ride is based around the theming rather than the theming is based around the ride, eg it would be pointless having the ride there without the theming, kind of like Duel with no themeing, it would just be a car ride going round a warehouse, The theming actually has to be there to make the ride a ride if you get me.

So thats why im putting my faith into this attraction having good themeing.
Ash

You would think if a company was spending £10+ million pounds etc, then they could put all the zeros and ones in the right place :D
AstroDan

It would be nice to think that projects can't run over, or that there can be some kind of buffer zone. I don't know how it works.

Anyway, I hope everything they want to do for '08 can be done!
Doopy Dan

Yea it would be nice to think that, but sadly they almost every time they do, it can be down to a matter of factors really, like unforseen problems that may pop up anytime within the construction phase, and things like delayed contractors.
Which yes are all usually always out of the parks hands yet it will still cost them extra money, its a unfortuate fact of construction i would say.
Ash

Thing is what if they have planned isnt anything special?!
Doopy Dan

Then we have wasted minutes and minutes talking about what we have been talking about for the last......god knows how many pages!!! :D
seanyboyuk

the price of ticket will also raise upto £35.00 probs next season too
to cover for it!
Nick

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]from reading the terms the other day i feel pretty confident the
extra ride will be the blade renamed and themed into the area.[/quote]
Blade will remain in Forbidden Valley. It is to open in February half term, in Forbidden Valley
AstroDan

Talking of admission prices, it will be interesting to see whether the £32.00 charge is increased or not...

:?