The Quick Questions topic 2007

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nick

[quote=""Chrïs""]I've just noticed there's a Shortcut Thrills 'Unlimited' ticket according to the website....

How do they work, where can you get them and how much are they?!

:D[/quote]

Its just unlimited shortcut rides on Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and the Flume. They are £54. I'm not sure, but they may only be available online. Guest Services, the Ticket Kiosks and Day Designer Booths may issue them, but i'm not sure
Chris1

Does anybody know the postcode for Alton Towers?

Just for putting in the sat nav...
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

ST10 4DB :)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Gax

quick question for some businees studies work I'm doing. Around how big in total is the land Alton Towers own? Like including the park, hotels, car park etc.?
Kaycee

Used to be advertised as 500 acres - how accurate that is, I don't know.
Wes

I think the park is 500 acres?

However the land that Alton Towers owns is much larger than that of the park, possible 3 times the size?
Kelly

Just asking for peice of mind really:

Do under 4's still get in free?

lol

Don't want to up and have to pay :shock:
stokywolf

Under 1.0 metres is free.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

OK, I'm going to Alton Towers tomorrow right, and I need a quick answer to my questions.
1) Where can you but the fasttrack passes?
2) How much/Are they worth it?
3) How can i perusade my friends NOT to go on the Squirrel Nutty ride first? (I want to go on it, but I think going first will just waste time)

Many Thanks!
ryani210693

All the info you need is here- http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/parkinfo/prices.htm ALl prices are there for each type! I heard that the site has a forum too!

Yes they are worth it. Queus get to a maximum of 10 minutes wiht them. Quickest i got on one was within 2 minutes.

Ry.
Kelly

Um whats the situation with the buggys you can hire from Guest services? Do you have to pay? or put down a deposit? :?

And also if anyone could clear up the entrance fee for under 4's, i would be very grateful lol The website claims its under 4's are free, but then iv been told its under 1 Metre? :?

:)
Vicki

Might be going up to Cariba Creek in the next couple of weeks so:

1. What can I expect?

2. Is it visually impaired person not wearing their glasses friendly?

3. I've been told you can get stuck on Master Blaster. Does it happen a lot and do the staff get wound up at you? I don't wanna annoy them!

4. What's the smallest/tallest slide and slowest/fastest speeds? Just for my own curiousity.
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
Craig

Kelly - Buggy wise it's a £5 refundable deposit along with a £6 non refundable charge on top for a single buggy for the day or £9 for a double.

Master Blaster does get stuck, not sure how often, but I've been there myself! They're not that fussed to be honest, they probably do a few during the day so nothing to worry about. Fowllow the instructions and you'll be fine!

Slides wise, flash flood are the slowest ones, the two covered slides are pretty fast if you lie correctly when on them :D

With regards to visual impairment, it's impossible to say really without knowing how bad someone's vision is. The place is brightly coloured, so most objects are easily identifiable. There are some nets in Paradise Plumber's that some people may struggle with I guess though.

As for what to expect, it all depends on what you're after. If you want to chill out then the outdoor pools and the bubble pool inside are great fun along with the lazy river. If you want some vigilante style action by pouring water on people, Paradise Plumbers is the way to go :D
Magical Ryan

Hiya,
I was Wondering if I would be able to re-use a Coke bottle what I buyed from the last time I went to towers and still get free re-fills this time?
Thanks Ryan
Mi-Nigle

No, you need the reciept to prove you bought it that day. But sometimes they put that orange tape round it instead that says security tape on. Some staff just look at that and refill.

Depends who does it really :D
jordi20012002

These coke refills how do they actually work as I may invest in this at the weekend???

Also where do we store items when we go on rides???
Nick

Pay £4.99 to buy one, then you can refill it at most of the Alton owned food and beverage outlets (i.e. anywhere but McDonalds, KFC etc...)

Pretty much all of the rides have cages in the station or where you get on to put bags. The exception being Corkscrew when if running 2 trains all bags must be taken on with you
Chris1

Does anybody know the name of the last pub on the left of the Alton Towers road is called?..

You have to drive down a small slope to get to it.... :?

Cheers..
Kaycee

Alton Bridge Hotel? :)
stokywolf

At the bottom of smithey bank before you go over the bridge uptowards Alton Towers?

The pub be the Talbot inn, the Hotel is the alton Bridge hotel, a HIGH reccomendation for a lovely peacefull evening and place to stay if your looking for that sort of stuff.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz