The Quick Questions topic 2007

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Con

[quote=""Ontopia""]are there palces on the rides to put your bags?[/quote]

Most rides there are ptu water rides and corkscrew can be a bit stingy about bags sometimes.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Mike

Is it easy to get from the hotels to the entrance once the monorail stops? Thinking of meeting someone staying at the hotel in the evening, staying around for the hotel's entertainment, then heading back to our B&B fairly late at night. :)

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Matt-1509

Yeh fairly easy just a 20min walk down the path or the road.
Gashead

If my mates buy tickets online and get them posted, Can they do ERT as theyll be with me and I'll have my analpass?

Also monday 25th of June, how likly is it gonig to be dead?
Stu

Unless the tickest they buy off the net enable them to use XRT, no they will not be able to come in with you. On friday i had my AP and my mum had a bounce back ticket.. even though when the ticket was broguht they said it enables that person XRT.. but on the day the old grumpy man at the gate said no to my mum. So i went in with my AP pass to Guest Services, and they followed me to Admishions and had a bit of a chat about it... and the woman at addmishions said it was a mistake and there sorry but will let her in this one time. So we got in at 9:15am. Still better than nothing as there we TONS of kids at the gates queing to get into the park all the way to the monorail station!!
TenZero

[quote=""Nick""]You have to ask for them, as they are usually with the park tickets when you book as a package, or get given them if you buy the tickets at the hotel.[/quote]

So, in theory, yes annual pass holders are entitled to priority passes if only staying on a B&B basis?
Nick

Yes because your a hotel guest. They might initially hold back on giving you them, but why should other hotel guests get them and not people that hold Annual Passes
stokywolf

But fireworks are much busier than that, in 2004 i think it was, one day the park nearly peaked on a fireworks night. The only miserable turn out i had seen for a fireworks was the friday in 05 where alot of people left before the show had started because they more than likely didnt know it was on and the ammount who were there wasn't that great at all.

Makes me feel uneasy talking about park attendance, so i won't say anymore. I'm sure you can understand.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Anonymous

Can someone tell me whether Flambos is open to non residents of the hotels.

Thanks,

d@ve
Nick

Some of us have eaten in there before and not been staying. They could refuse if the hotel is busy though. Best to ring ahead and book a place if they let you
Anonymous

If i bought an annual pass from Alton Towers itself, would i get my ticket price refunded?, like they do for the national trust etc (i.e. i spent £20 or wateva on an entrance ticket, and then bought an annual pass, would they give me £20 back, or a discount of another kind, eg vouchers etc)
leejay

Yes they reduce your Annual pass price by the amount you paid to enter the park if, and only if you go to the annual pass desk on the day of entry.
Craig

Also just to note that tehy won't discount the annual pass if the original ticket is bought through a ticket reseller (e.g. Lastminute.com) the entrance ticket must be from Alton Towers.
m4++

I just recieved some tickets for Alton Towers, which I booked a few weeks ago, I booked them with a stay at the hotel, on the thing that came with the tickets it says because I booked them with the hotel I should be entitled to priority passes, how do I go about getting them? :?
Nick

Ask for them when you check in
Hark

Just a quicky!

Do Alton Towers still do those bottle refills for £5? With unlimited refills all day? - We did this at warwick castle and it was very handy!

If they do still do them - Is it worth dragging them all around the park (I know some bottles leak) and where is the best place to obtain one? I think they sell them just outside the entrance on towers street and Entrance Plaza.
Nick

They sell them at pretty much any of the confectionary stands. And yes, its a fiver
leejay

Is it just coke, or anything?
Craig

Any post mix, so Coke, Sprit, Diet Coke, Fanta
Chris1

I've just noticed there's a Shortcut Thrills 'Unlimited' ticket according to the website....

How do they work, where can you get them and how much are they?!

:D