New Slogan & Early Opening!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Matt 125

[quote=""Queen of Speed""]Alton Towers: "The Fun Starts Here"
Thorpe Park: "Let's Have Some Fun"
Chessington: "The Fun Starts When You Get Here"

Anyone noticing a pattern? [/quote]

Haha, they must have come up with one, took a few words here and there, swapped them around and kept 'Fun' in the whole time...

Chessingtons seems the worst... :P

Matt :D
ShadowTD

Chessington's: 'The fun starts when you've paid us 50p to find it'.

Sorry.
Thomas

I don't like the involvement of 'FUN' in the slogans, reminds me of the Sky adverts Lets have some fun or Join in the fun something along those lines

Thomas
Benbrit

It sounds so cheap. but then I guess that’s what they are trying to make people believe. then they get there and realise that the word "extortionate" is an understatement.
altontowerskid

I think if you look at each one separatly though, they make sense for each parks main audience.

Personally i think Thorpe Parks is the best, and the use of the word "Let's" works well, showing that (metephorically) they will be having fun aswell as you when you visit. The Thorpe Park advert is also growing on me, i think the music works well.
Thomas

You know were we can see the Thorpe Ad?

Thomas
altontowerskid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyT0BDv91bQ

Thats the new one with the music in it.
Thomas

Oh dear god! Tussuad's seem to have taken the cheesy rout this year with Ad's, which is shame considering Alton's in park advertising which is great. Anyone else think a whole Tussuad's one would be good, having clips from all there parks & even Warwick castle?

Thomas
Craig

OK a bit off topic, but about the Thorpe ad. Personally I quite like it. I think the 10 second verison is a tad on the short side. However, there is a 30 second version which I believe is yet to be broadcast. But, thanks to the wonders of t'internet it can be seen Here

The full version features a few more of the park's attractons. Just another thing to comment on, what's wrong with "cheesy". I quite like the fact that they're going for this quirky image recently. I personally quite like this year's Alton ad and I'm loving the Thorpe one too.

The opera music goes very well with it, and I like the way they're trying to convey the feeling that you get when riding Stealth, waiting for the launch, the madness going along the track and up, then the short almost tranquil break at the top before coming back down to Earth with a bang.

I'm very surprised at how much I've seen the adverts compared to recent years. I haven't seen a Thorpe advert on TV up these parts, and today I've seen it 4 times on various TV channels. Alton I've seen before, but nowhere near the number of times I've seen it so far this season.
Thomas

They have also got some Internet ad's going as well, caught the Rita one on MySpace;

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/T ... Space1.jpg
Starts off shaking

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/T ... Space3.jpg
Then that's what it shows, simple but effective, caught my aye while commenting. I'm guessing there on other sites too

Thomas
Sir John Talbot

See, the 'let's have some fun' slogan for Thorpe has been worked fantastically into the adverts audio wise. The BBC accent and classical music actual make a rather cheap caption work spendidly. However, it does NOT morph well with both the general feel of the park (let's face it, Thorpe is not a place of classical, standard-english British atmosphere), or the general clips in the advert that, however absolutley amazingly shot (especially Stealth), are far too modern for the music and thus represent the park much further than the music does. The advert just doesn't work for Thorpe.

If this classic music and accent was worked into an Alton advert it would work wonders. If an advert was made really showing the historic features of Alton Towers in stark comparison to the modern rides along with such audio, it would just be so very effective, and very representative of what Alton Towers is about.
Matt 125

[quote=""Craig""] But, thanks to the wonders of t'internet it can be seen Here [/quote]

They used that advert last year and this year have just changed the music etc. Last years advert can be seen by clicking here!

Yeah, Thomas, I saw that advert on Bebo aswell as Myspace!

Matt :D