New Slogan & Early Opening!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Wes

There have been a few rumors going around that the park is set to open a day early, 16th March, I don't know if anyone else have heard anything, but its apparently going to be for Hotel Guests Only!

Also, there is set to be a New Slogan for 2007! I don't know yet what it is, but hopefully, with the park maps being released this coming week along with the new website on the way, we will find out more soon!

:D
Matt 125

Oooh, exciting. I hope it's not that 'Serious About Fun' one which is on ATJobs but I doubt it as this wouldn't be suiting the Resort.

That 16th of March thing sounds good, but with it being for Hotel Guests surely you would have to book soon and I would have thought not that many would've booked for that day unless they planned to stay over for the Saturday.

Oooh, love rumours!!

Matt :D
Redcoat Jase

What about Extraordinary? Is that going? :shock: - That lasted didn't it! :rolls:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Wes

I don't think they are using the Extraordinary phrase in the park's new slogan. They have pretty much lost that from the park now? Although they have adopted the stripes and 'font' style that they use. Which works well.

Also the fact they are using it for the golf gives the park more reason not to use it to sell the park using 'extraordinary' other wise people will think they just want you to use the golf :P - If you catch my drift!

It seems the park have had a new slogan almost every year since they lost the magic never ends. Could this be because they want a fresh touch every year to sell the park differently or perhapses they aren't working?

:D
Johno

Something like:

The magic never ends...
At Alton Towers!
Liam

[quote=""Muggins""]There have been a few rumors going around that the park is set to open a day early, 16th March, I don't know if anyone else have heard anything, but its apparently going to be for Hotel Guests Only! [/quote]

I may be wrong in this, but I think the park has been open just to hotel guests already this season, so that the new staff can practice fully on the rides and people skills etc.
Steve in labour

Not Been Open Yet I Looked lol
Nick

Last year they held a private event for Cadbury's the day before the season opener
Adam

I know the park is opening for Hotel Guests this Saturday and the Saturday after. Not sure about other days though.

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Tom M

Well the Saturday after is park opening so I sure hope it's open. ;)
Jon

There's a fair chance it might be serious about fun.

Which isn't too bad I suppose, but could be something a lot better. ExTRaOrdDINArY was a good slogan, but the only way the park lived upto that was extraordinarily brief themeing. Stripes and purple, stripes and pruple. Lots and lots of stripes and pruple.

Please!
Formerly "Dagoo"
black-t5

Well two slogans and a matter of time before which is the parks main one. I also debt that they will have the whole park open on Friday since guests will be arriving throughout the day and it would be quiet.
Sir John Talbot

I really, really dislike the 'Serious about Fun'. It just doesn't have any first hand relevance or continuity to anything within the park or resort and is just so bland and atmosphere-lacking.

The Extraordinary usage seemed to be making a vast comeback just recently :?. I really hope they insinuate it into the new slogan somehow.
caffeine_demon

maybe it will be "money money money"
Hello!!

[quote=""marky.com""]I just can't understand why 'where the magic never ends' was dropped. It's the perfect slogan and works both on a theme park level and a resort level. It appeals to young and old and rivals Disney's 'the place where dreams come true' as best as it can. Also, it's a perfect slogan to enforce the message that AT isn't all about thrill rides, it's a diverse resort/park with plenty for everyone.

Many of the recent slogans are OK, but it just seems to me that the perfect one was there all along...[/quote]

I remember hearing they got in trouble with Disney because of using the Magic in the slogan, I don't know how much truth there was in that rumour as Alton were using it for nearly a decade without any problems.

:?
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go
sammie04

.I hope the new Slogan is not serious about fun it doesn't really do anything for me. I much prefered the Magic Never Ends I think it was just well suited for Alton Towers.

I hope the new slogan isn't a rubbish one and it will be well suited for the park and just has a nice little ring to it :D.
Locker

There have been a few rumors going around that the park is set to open a day early, 16th March, I don't know if anyone else have heard anything, but its apparently going to be for Hotel Guests Only!
I believe this is set to be a "rehearsal day", for staff to have a run through and actually run the rides with guests on park, as Liam has already said. It wouldn't surprise me if it was open to Hotel Guests, I'm not sure what they've done in the past. I think Thorpe Park actually run these days and let Annual Pass holders in, it'd be nice if Towers did that.

Regards,
Mark
Kaycee

I hope they do, because I could SO go next Friday. :D
mezza

Serious About Fun is just their recruitment slogan. It's not going to be the park slogan.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
Mankey

awww... whats wrong with "where the magic never ends"? :cry: i hope its a good new slogan

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!