General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Squiggles

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]clowns like the one from that Film? (forgot the name, but the one that kills people!)[/quote]

Are you thinking of It, by Stephen King?
Edwardo..... move me!
PeteB

Why are people thinking that firework nights have been scrapped? I dont think they will be, its part of AT's history and I'm sure they will continue the tradition.

Am I right in thinking they are still allowed so many firework nights? Is it 3 or something? If they are still allowed to do it, they will I'm sure. If Halloween stuff runs for about 2 or 3 weeks its not gonna be hard to do a few hybrid nights like they have done before.
Anonymous

love see pans labyrinth with pale man chase that be good
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Squiggles""][quote=""Redcoat Jase""]clowns like the one from that Film? (forgot the name, but the one that kills people!)[/quote]

Are you thinking of It, by Stephen King?[/quote]

Yesssss, That's it! (no pun intended) :D where he comes up from the grid! :|
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Squiggles

[quote=""PeteB""]Why are people thinking that firework nights have been scrapped?[/quote]

The Towers currently have advertising in the park for the seasons events, running from Adrenlin Week through to Christmas, there is no mention of Fireworks. It seems to be a running idea these days that Tussauds parks only run one or the other of these events, not both. (Due to running costs I believe)
Edwardo..... move me!
kingjohno

I wonder whether they may bring in summer nights events. Maybe if they can get permission they could have fireworks for 2 weeks and the whole park could be transformed into 'the great british bucket and spade' thing again but make it a bit more relaxed and in the evenings make it a bit more settles with fireworks across the lake and boat rides or something?
John

ATA have spotted something we didn't: this event is supposed to run for 3 weeks, but it seems the dates clash with the first week of the end of season adrenaline week.

Anyone have any idea whats actually happening, or did the park just not realise they've double booked their events?
Adam

ATA might have the Adrenaline Week dates wrong.

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Matt 125

What are the second Adrenaline week dates?? It was rumoured for 2weeks last month.... Maybe the first of the two weeks is going to be for Halloween and the 2nd for the actual AD week?

Matt :D
Squiggles

Umm, Halloween is running from 13th October - 4th November and the season is advertised as ending on the 11th Novemeber, so plenty of time for an Adrenalin week in there!
Edwardo..... move me!
PeteB

[quote=""Squiggles""][quote=""PeteB""]Why are people thinking that firework nights have been scrapped?[/quote]

The Towers currently have advertising in the park for the seasons events, running from Adrenlin Week through to Christmas, there is no mention of Fireworks. It seems to be a running idea these days that Tussauds parks only run one or the other of these events, not both. (Due to running costs I believe)[/quote]

Fairy snuff, but its still early. AT's website is showing the events for Choccy Towers and Adrenlin Week but no mention of Halloween. I'll bet you £50 there's at least 1 night of fireworks this year :lol:

Place your bets please...
Squiggles

Well part of the Halloween info which appears on Haunted Attractions says
Each night at the event is excepted to finish with a lakeside finale which could included water, fire and laser effects (to be confirmed).
Which would pretty much act as a fireworks replacement I suppose.
Edwardo..... move me!
oldgitBEN

oh dear lord i hope the big pink hernia doesnt appear again with the wiggly green line to be scary. lol.

Im really looking forward to this, it looks like they have already put alot of thought into this. Yey to alton towers, yey I say.

Im just thinking with the hotel room13 and corn field would it be possible to link them? like have someone chasing you out of room 13 at the end (as per last years) and you run into the corn field. Logistically it would be quite difficult i belive - unless there is a fire exit near the back of the room which may have a path to the gardens.
Probably not but I just think it would be great to be running and suddenly end up in the corn field.

As for the secret one on park, Im hoping they will use the old black hole tent, it has an impressive queueline once you get inside (presuming its still there) just a narrow black tunnel and stairs which are claustraphobic and then a maze in there could be themed about aliens - well its in x-sector and it makes a change to freaks and murderers.

Just a few thoughts but I think this is shaping up to be the event of the year.
PeteB

[quote=""Squiggles""]Well part of the Halloween info which appears on Haunted Attractions says
Each night at the event is excepted to finish with a lakeside finale which could included water, fire and laser effects (to be confirmed).
Which would pretty much act as a fireworks replacement I suppose.[/quote]

Woohoo! Long as they keep the lasers I'll be happy. Love lasers me!

To me "a lakeside finale" pretty much sounds like fireworks, only a bit toned down. Or maybe the water + fire effects will offer similar sensations without the bang and much less cost - £1 million up in smoke isn't the best way spend money is it....
Jon

[quote=""AstroDan""]

If Towers could do a 10-second, nationwide (or at least across the Midlands) TV spot for this, then I think that would be great.[/quote]

They have done this before. I very brief advert during the 05 season. It had just had animated firworks then the alton logo with voiceover saying something like "come to alton towers this november for the spectacular fireworks event"
Formerly "Dagoo"
John

WOW! Sounds like this could be a really big event, I would love to see them really go for it this year as a lot of people would be disappointed by the lack of a fireworks event otherwise. If we see multiple mazes and actors like at thorpe this could become a very popular event when word goes round.

[quote=""Squiggles""]Umm, Halloween is running from 13th October - 4th November and the season is advertised as ending on the 11th Novemeber, so plenty of time for an Adrenalin week in there![/quote]
Wasn't adrenaline 'week' due to last a fortnight at the end of the season though? I might be getting confused but I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
Dr Pop Rocket

This all sounds rather exciting, a little disappointed about no Fireworks, but I'm sure I will get over it! :P

This sounds like it will be an exciting event, and its fantastic to see that "Terror of the Towers" is returning, no Haunted Maze could have such a perfect location, just walking through the Towers at night is terrifying enough in itself!

This "Lake Show" sounds interesting, like stated above it will include no fireworks, but the lighting and laser effects used by Alton Towers are far superior to the fireworks in my opinion, so just a short light show would make me happy, anything extra would be even better, but like said originally it might not go ahead, but hopefully it will as it would be a fantastic way to conclude the day and leave all of the guests on a high point..

Now as for this "Unknown" Maze, I've been having a few thoughts, and like people have stated, they Black Hole tent is a prime location for a terror maze and is just sitting there ready for the taking..

With it being in X-Sector it would be interesting to have a more modern/futuristic style theme for the terror attraction..

An idea that I thought would be interesting is maybe it could be some sort of "Human Experimentation Lab", basically something along the lines of "The Asylum" at Thorpe Park, its a large laboratory where experimentations are carried out on Humans, maybe you could have a storyline to it, to add a bit more of an in depth atmosphere to it.

Maybe all of the humans used for experiments have escaped and are running wild inside the laboratory, you could have the Black Hole televisions in the queue line playing a fake news report, or something like that so people know what its all about, plus its a great way to build up the suspense.

Inside the maze you could have various themed contraptions with actors inside making it look like experiments are being performed on them, this would be interesting, you could walk through various rooms like on the Se7en Maze at Thorpe Park, each room containing a different experiment with an actor in, as well as other actors walking around freely jumping out on people..

Staff could also wear white overall coats like you would expect most scientists to wear, maybe have spots of blood on them to make guests feel insecure, as guests feel safe around staff members, but if they were to look the part they would not feel safe around them making the guests feel more vulnerable and exposed to danger..

The whole human experimentation lab idea would give endless theming and make up possibilities, it would also fit the whole X-Sector theme..

Other ideas could include some sort of Circus Horror Maze, even though this would not fit the X-Sector Theme, the Black Hole tent does look very much like a Circus Tent, maybe some sort of evil circus, with clowns and human freaks, yet again the theming and make up possibilities for this are endless, plus the Black Hole tent is the ideal location, it just fits the part!

Of Course if the Black Hole tent could not be used, you could maybe hire out some sort of Marquee or an actual Circus tent if the Horror Circus idea ever wanted to be pursued..

Also, maybe you could implement a 3D attraction ? Guests must wear 3D Glasses and this would bring a whole new dimension to a terror maze..

The possibilities for Alton Towers are endless, its just a prime location for Halloween!

Edit: Just thought of a name for the "lab/human experimentation" idea, Xperimentation! :)
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""]
Other ideas could include some sort of Circus Horror Maze, even though this would not fit the X-Sector Theme, the Black Hole tent does look very much like a Circus Tent, maybe some sort of evil circus, with clowns and human freaks, yet again the theming and make up possibilities for this are endless, plus the Black Hole tent is the ideal location, it just fits the part!

Of Course if the Black Hole tent could not be used, you could maybe hire out some sort of Marquee or an actual Circus tent if the Horror Circus idea ever wanted to be pursued..
[/quote]

I mentioned that for the Ice Shot tent! :lol: - I think the Ice shot tent would be a good way to spread guests over the park evenly during the event, instead of everyone crowding the FV/Gloomy Wood area, and X-Sector and the Towers...
I probably think BlackHole tent is being more of a consideration, as it's recently been emptied, and i dont think anything has happened with the Ice Show tent yet? :?
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]
I mentioned that for the Ice Shot tent! :lol: [/quote]

Ooops, Sorry, My Mistake! :lol:

Personally, I would prefer to see some sort of a show in the "Ice Show" Tent, although its a large amount of space and would be ideal for a terror maze.....
Last edited by Dr Pop Rocket on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""][quote=""Redcoat Jase""]
I mentioned that for the Ice Shot tent! :lol: [/quote]

Ooops, Sorry, My Mistake! :lol:[/quote]

I can only say great minds think alike! :lol: - I'd pap myself in a Haunted Circus attraction anyway! :P