General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Luke

You can't share iTunes music because it's locked. And also I was a bit annoyed when he expected me to do the work for him. "Get one of those programs that records whatever is going through your speakers". I don't know whether he was joking there or not, but I thought it took the **** after it took me and Alex literally days to find the music, posted the name and all they had to do was download it from iTunes or off the net.

Anyway, it's all sorted and he has the song now.
Shent

[quote=""Luke""]You can't share iTunes music because it's locked.[/quote]

Reason 1 of 100000 why not to buy music from itunes :)
......The one and only... :sus:
BULBOUS

Burn to CD, rip from CD.
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Wes

PeteB

[quote=""Wes""]Behind the Scenes of Scarefest[/quote]

What a cracking read that was! Sounds like alot of fun, I'd love to audition for a part next year.
bigblade40

Working in the field this year was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have done at Alton Towers. :D :D
From the amazing story, to the detailed planning, the choreography and the talented actors, it really was amazing.
The amount of detail which went in to the maze which most people don't know (for instance the were two films for the farmhouse video one in daylight and one at night) was also fantastic. :D :D

Roll on FO1000S 2008...................................
bigblade40
spark

I think one of the important things to come out of that review is that we know it is coming back next year :D
Nick

Haunted Attractions have posted up a magazine to download of Terror of the Towers.

It includes exclusive behind the scenes stuff, photos, cast interviews and more. They will also be releasing similar things for the Field of 1000 Screams, Room 13 and another for general Scarefest stuff
-Aerodynamic-

Cheers for posting that Wes! Scarefest sounded absolutely dynamite this year, I'm seriously gutted I missed it :( Got to make sure nothing stands in the way of me going next year!!
Just curious, what happened with one of the actors getting injured? Did one of the kids hit him or something?
Luke

The Field of 1000 Screams article has now been released at Haunted Attractions.

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.p ... &Itemid=34
daniel_1431

I was about to post that one. Its quite good! :D :D :D
Gax

That's a nice little read :)

I really wish I'd gone in the field, it looked amazing
Wiggler

[quote=""-Aerodynamic-""]Just curious, what happened with one of the actors getting injured? Did one of the kids hit him or something?[/quote]

i'm sure i can say it fine as anyone in who was in the queue line would have seen/heard all of this.... but i'm guessing the injury was:

On the opening day of it... and when i was the host on the front door... I was batching batching people into groups of 12 and merging the fast track queue and the normal queue... On this day... the TOTT staff didn't have radios, and also the queue WASN'T stopped at the tunnel like the rest of scarefest, but went all the way to about 3 meters in front of the door...

So yeah, the front was very crowded and well as i was just finishing telling a group of people their briefing about stobes lights etc, the door started shaking to say the next group would be ready... then suddenly this little dude, he was about 12? well he ran from god knows where in the queue, then he ran up to the door and jumpped out at the actress on the door as she opened it, i tihnk with the aim of trying to scare her or sumthin, but instead their heads clashed and the actress ended up with a broken nose...

My initial reaction was like... omg... wtf just happened and loads of the crowd were in shocking and shouting and yelling all confused and hoping the actress was ok... so i called over someone else on my team who was queue busting but didnt realised wot all the comotion was... then we he arrived at the front door, i told him to take control of the front door and i ran inside and pressed the first E-Stop Button, which was just after the oven section... So yeah... i intiated the first evac of the towers...

but like i said, anyone in the queue would have seen and heard all that so i dont see anything wrong with posting it?

there was other minor injuries like people whacking actors and hosts with cuddly toys... another issues was the oven door being kicked in and squashing hosts
Luke

Yeh I remember the little kid, but I didn't know that was what happened. He was about 12 years old and was right behind us in the queue, by himself. By this point we were just out of the tunnel so not far away from the main door. IIRC, one of the hosts asked if there were any 1's or 2's in the queue, this lad put his hand up and the host just said go to the front. The whole queueline felt sorry for him and just went awwww. Then we had to wait about an hour to go in, we didn't know an actor had been attacked, mainly because staff were telling us there was a problem with the lighting in the house. However, when I got home someone on here told us that an actor had infact been attacked, but I didn't realise it was that little lad, we presumed it had been the group before his.

And that's why we didn't see that actress again, although she was on that video after the maze, is that correct?
Wiggler

[quote=""Luke""]And that's why we didn't see that actress again, although she was on that video after the maze, is that correct?[/quote]

yeah she was the girl in the video... and basically the whole story had to change... and that video probably didn't really make much sense without the original story told by the girl on the door, and also the bit about her brother...
Luke

That's a shame, hope it hasn't put her off from acting at the Towers in the future cos she was a good actress.

I think due to timing reasons within the maze, people were ushered pass the video scene anyway, guests were only there for about 20 seconds before the actor would move them on so no one would've understood the video anyway.

I'm surprised that the other actors who were on the main door didn't use the same script, because surely this would be the best way to help with consistency. The other 2/3 actors on the front door definetely had different scripts to that other lady, whether it's because they improvised more though I don't know.
Wiggler

From what a lot of guests told me... Esmerelda seemed to be the most popular door girl...
Luke

I thought so, but the others were very good too. Esmerelda takes the **** out of guests which is hilarious.
daniel_1431

Yea she was awesome inside the maze. Sometimes it took the edge off guests who could of been quite petrified....