Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JC13

Just out of interest, does anyone know the music played around the entrance to Terror of the Towers? (Not Midnite Syndicate) it was played near the bridge. I’ve heard it sevral times away from the resort, just can never find it myself!

Many thanks
Morgan

That'll likely be the theme from Dead Silence :)
JC13

Thanks!
DoxxyNation

As you all know Imascore has produced 3 soundtracks for Alton Towers but they didn't release the full versions of them on their YouTube channel only snippets. Why is that?
Justin

IMAscore have produced a fair few tracks for Alton Towers. The current soundtracks from IMAscore include:
  • The Smiler
  • Galactica
  • Wicker Man
  • Heritage Trail
  • Towers Street
  • Spinball Whizzer
I believe one of the reasons for not releasing full soundtracks is purely to protect them from from being copied. Hopefully we will get a CD version soon!
Robert.W

Wicker Man's soundtrack is currently my favourite. Very atmospheric, and really suits the ride area very well! :)

jackf1tz

Wicker Man's is the best one on park, but I prefer Galactica's to actually listen to.
Zach

Controversial maybe, but my favourite Alton Towers soundtrack has to be either Towers Street Trick or Street 2015 or The Sanctuary queue line. I’d like to see Alton Towers release more of its music, perhaps a scare fest special CD. 
Swarm Chris

Other than the obvious In Hall of the a Mountain King, the one that gets stuck in my head and instantly makes me feel at Alton is the Katanga Canyon theme.

More music releases from Alton or Merlin in general would be brilliant. Got the recent Disneyland soundtrack and it's enjoyable just to have on in the background occasionally.
ScottLann

Does anyone know where I can find the full Wicker man soundtrack? The only one that seems to be available is the main IMAScore one but i'm trying to find the queue line and station audio :/
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Dan

ScottLann wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the full Wicker man soundtrack? The only one that seems to be available is the main IMAScore one but i'm trying to find the queue line and station audio :/
The full Wicker Man soundtrack hasn't been made public.

The full Smiler soundtrack was never officially released by IMAscore so I doubt the Wicker Man one will be.
james.born

ScottLann wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the full Wicker man soundtrack? The only one that seems to be available is the main IMAScore one but i'm trying to find the queue line and station audio :/
Same, I'm trying to find the full Smiler soundtrack. I emailed IMAscore through Gmail but they haven't got back to me yet. I doubt they would send me a copy. :(
Robert.W

IMAscore won't be able to help as it's not technically their soundtrack. Only way you'll be able to get hold of it is if Alton released it, which is possible at some point in the future, but still unlikely. 

DoxxyNation

Robert.W wrote:IMAscore won't be able to help as it's not technically their soundtrack. Only way you'll be able to get hold of it is if Alton released it, which is possible at some point in the future, but still unlikely. 
I agree but some people have managed to get a hold of The Smiler soundtrack. I don't know how but I tried asking them if they could send me a copy.
jackf1tz

Those people haven't got the full one, as it hasn't actually been released by either party. The majority of people who need a longer soundtrack just loop the 5 minute clip from the IMAScore YouTube channel, which may be what you were seeing.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Despite them never being officially released, the full soundtrack files for The Smiler were indeed leaked a while back. Obviously steps were taken to remove copies from the public domain though.
TheDuke

I'm not sure if this is the relevant topic thread but are there any updates on that channel 4 alton towers documentary?
Justin

No further details have been announced yet.
Nutty Man

On my computer I have several tracks saved in a folder which I downloaded, one of which is the full smiler soundtrack. I have no idea how I got hold of it though
Edit: just found it again, and also realised that the sound doesn't work on my computer. :(
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Justin

TheDuke wrote:I'm not sure if this is the relevant topic thread but are there any updates on that channel 4 alton towers documentary?
As reported on our Facebook page; Alton Towers Resort have confirmed via Twitter that 'Inside Alton Towers', a one-off documentary that follows the team at the Resort as they battle with the challenge of building a wooden structure that appears to burst into flames, will air on Thursday 23rd August at 9pm on Channel 4.