Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Big Dave

Anyone got any Heave ho tracks? Ideally the pirate voice as the ride start. Either that or a decent Mutiny Bay tune. Just looking for backing music to use on my website and of course I will give credit where needed.
patey

Wasn't it in the Halloween movies aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWE4bFhx ... re=related
Martin.C

This is a link everyone to the FULL OBLIVION music used mainly on the screens in the station, but in an MP3 file.
This is NOT the one with the voice saying at the beggining "this ride is perfectly safe..."

This is the original version which I found and PLEASE download it, for the true Oblivion theme!

PLEASE TRUST ME, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!

SITE:http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=3sslb ... idchecksum

NOTE: You need to still have your free download limit for it to work!

( Please reply if it works)!
:D
Last edited by Martin.C on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze

Always thought that was the better of the two Oblivion themes! The newer, shorter one isn't quite as good.
ryanlovesaltontowers

i desperatly need that new katanga canyon theme, i have looked everywhere and cant find it [-o<

P.S.
they use all the katanga canyon music tracks in Explorers P&P has anybody got that one :?:

Also on YOUTUBE sambooke uses the new katanga track on one of his vids
Mattia

The Katanga Music is part of the Towers Street Suite. This entire suite of music has not been released main stream yet. This is also not Royalty Free and was composed by someone for Alton Towers. Thus, it is not on any RF website. The version on Sanbrooke's video is a recording, as with most of the themes in the background of his videos.

Sadly, there is no way to obtain it as it isn't available publicly online at the moment.

Sorry about that. But I hope that helps you out. :)

Luke

I'd like to see them release the Towers Street suite, along with the other recent music on a CD. A Merlin parks CD would probably be a better idea, much like the proposed one in 2004 - it could be quite lucrative if they selected the right tracks, and, I would imagine fairly easy to arrange, with regards to the composers & royalties.
Mankey

I've always wanted the Splash Landings part of the Towers Street music! :D Again, that you cant find anywhere.

Come on Alton! You're one step closer to being a proper resort if you release your audio in CD form! :P
Back from hibernation!
Mattia

I know, it's a huge shame. :(

There was even a point when a Monorail Mix CD (along with a few other tracks) was in the works but sadly it never got past the idea stages.

I must agree, the Splash Landings tracks are great (apart from the over use of Rumba and Monkey boat themes ;)).
Nerdsticks

[url=http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/downloads/ts.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/downloads/ts.mp3[/url]

Listen to this, what does it make you think of alton towers? The Magic? I Think the magic :D
Scarefest lunatic!
AltonThorpe

I love this song, it always reminded me of Nemesis, that's it...Nemesis! It was probably because I was young and I remember looking down at this awesome machine while on the monorail!
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Big Dave

This is possibly the single most magical bit of music on the park. Shame they dont understand that its bits of perfectly composed music like this and words such as magic and mystery that made Alton Towers so great. Its an amazing park and warrants such words/music.
Wes

[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/357502649/A ... s.wav.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://rapidshare.com/files/357502649/A ... s.wav.html[/url]

I just got my hands on this Radio Advert for Alton Towers last year.
Big Dave

Does anyone have the Colossus ride music in which it goes through some of the ride inversion? Think it use to play in the ride station. I know this is an Alton Towers thread but didnt want to start a new topic.
Mattia

Big Dave

Aww thanks. Who actually owns that bit of audio as Id like to put it on my website at a later date. Obviously full credit will be given :)

Edit: Merlin-Media... Hmm how to blag my way into getting that onto my site? lol. Could always use the "This actually belongs to Merlin Entertainments and therefore its up to them who can use it" card?
Mattia

[quote=""Big Dave""]Aww thanks. Who actually owns that bit of audio as Id like to put it on my website at a later date. Obviously full credit will be given :)

Edit: Merlin-Media... Hmm how to blag my way into getting that onto my site? lol. Could always use the "This actually belongs to Merlin Entertainments and therefore its up to them who can use it" card?[/quote]

Many sites have the same file, exactly same length, kbps etc of that Dispatch. :)
Big Dave

lol well i will just "liberate" it onto my site as well :P
DaveFreeze

Does anyone think the music in the park generally has gradually disapeared? I couldnt even hear the canyon music the last time I visited. It realy adds to it and the Towers need to concentrate on theming.
Adam

There has been new speakers put in place along the path to Katanga. So it is much louder this year.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."