When people mention Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Adam

Whats the first thing you think of when people mention Alton Towers?

I don't know why but up until recently, whenever Alton Towers is mentioned I instantly think of the themepark - When really I should think of the whole resort!
Dave

as sad as it may sound. i think of meetups and people off here. :oops:
AstroDan

I tend to think how much I love the place. Simple as that. :W
Lozza

whenever people mention alton towers i always picture the image of the towers over the lake first thing in the morning- i don't think i'll ever forgot that :D I then tend to think of family classics like congo river rapids, RMT and used to be black hole aswell. I don't tend to really think of the likes of nemesis, air oblivion etc- i think it might be because i have been going to AT for as long as i can remember as those types of rides never interested me until i got a bit older so the older classic rides like the rapids which i used to love tend to stick more firmly in my heas. I also tend to think of the magical monerail ride into the park and running from one side to the other trying to get a glimpse at everything! :lol:
I never think of the hotels though, or the park as a resort though.
:D
srw985

I think of Nemesis.
Chester City Football Club
mike22

Hi people,

I think of the stately home across from the lake - nothing can beat that!

Cheers

Mike22 :W
Anonymous

Well, the words 'Alton Towers' are already synonymous with 'the single place that makes me the most happy', so as soon as I people say it, my ears prick up.

You know when you can just about hear a conversation, and even if you're not paying any attention, if a person says 'Alton Towers', you just hear it and recognise those words instantly?

Fook the resort, the images that come into my mind when I think of Alton Towers are of a sunny Towers Street, the Towers looking rather magestic, and images from the 1994 general advert. :lol:
iriderides101

When people mention alton towers i allways end up thinking air a nd nemesis.
Matt 125

[quote=""Kaycee""]
You know when you can just about hear a conversation, and even if you're not paying any attention, if a person says 'Alton Towers', you just hear it and recognise those words instantly?
[/quote]

I know what you meam Kaycee. I often get that, 'blah, blah, blah Alton Towers, blah blah blah!'
I love it. Especially because AT hardly gets mentioned down with me here in the South, it is mostly Thorpe I must admit!
I always seem to think of Blivvy first. . . as it is my favourite then generally everything about AT, the journey, towers street etc.

Ahh, how I love theme parks!

Matt :D
Lozza

[quote=""Kaycee""]Well, the words 'Alton Towers' are already synonymous with 'the single place that makes me the most happy', so as soon as I people say it, my ears prick up.

[/quote]
that always happens to me at school! you just hear everyone chatting away then you just seem to pick up someone saying alton towers- my ears instantly prick up! It also happens in my local shop, someone who works there has the alton towers tune on their phone, whenever it goes off whilst i'm in there i always find myself humming it for the rest of the day :lol:
phillipvass

Unfortunately, whenever I hear somebody talking about Alton Towers the only image I can conjure up in my mind is when we went on my mates birthday, he ended up drinking too much (well for him, a bit of a lightweight :) ), and went on the Corkscrew. As you can imgine, he wasn't all that well afterwards and made a horrible mess on the exit path leading into the arcade :roll:

It's not the greatest of Alton Towers memories but for some reason that's what I see in my head when it is mentioned :) :roll:
james0507

i think air, its my favourite ride, i just imagine being on it
Ash

Work, Nemesis, Thrill, Adrenaline, Awesome!, Magic, Co-workers, fun times, happiness, laughter, aura, impulse.

That feeling i get when i arrive at those entrance gates, anytime i arrive. Its just like "Yayyyy!" Ive never had a bad day at the park, and now i know more and more about it i seem to enjoy it more.

I just wish fastrack was brought back!
Lauren

He says he has never had a bad day , apart form when i went with mates and we were shouting titler! up the nemmy lift hill.
I think of towers street. With the choc volcano in the middle even though its not there no moree
PeteB

[quote=""Kaycee""]sunny Towers Street, the Towers looking rather magestic, and images from the 1994 general advert. :lol: [/quote]

Yep me too :D I get that warm fuzzy feeling and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The 1994 advert was just such a general overview of the magic within the park.

Since I've grown up and earn my own keep etc, my image has slighty changed as I organise my own car journey and book the hotels. Adding to the above the journey itself is a nice long run and dead easy (quality time spent with my car too), then we arrive at the gates, past the magical signs, the road takes us through the trees, the odd scream from Nemmy in the background, and then BOOM the hotel is in front surrunded by nice scenery. A glimpse to the right reveals the wacky Splash hotel. Hmm, which one should I choose this year?

Thats what I see when I think of AT
Anonymous

I always think of forbidden valley for some reason.
Rollercoaster 4 Life

I always think of Forbidden Valley too. I think it because thats the most popular area of the whole park and has the likes of Nemesis, Air and Ripsaw. :D
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
CGM

Like Mike22 I always think of the view of the ruins across the lake or seing the park from the monorail accompanied by the old Towers Street music
HAJiME

Nemesis. More specifically the blood and it's left eye.
Anonymous

[quote=""HAJiME""]Nemesis. More specifically the blood and it's left eye.[/quote]

Speaking of which, did you manage to finish (I think) your 2005 TTF award-winning Nemesis artwork?