When people mention Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

[quote=""Adam""]I don't know why but up until recently, whenever Alton Towers is mentioned I instantly think of the themepark - When really I should think of the whole resort![/quote]

Who says you should think of the whole resort?

Personally, I think AT has got a long way to go before it can even slightly qualify as a resort and I too think of it as a theme park moreso than a resort. Although, that said, I'd probably refer to it as a leisure park rather than a theme park which sums the whole place up a lot better in my opinion.

As to what my first thought is when people mention AT. . .

It IS the Towers that I picture, followed immediately (and rather oddly) by the image of a group of people holding onto a lapbar screaming with joy on a non-specific ride.
HAJiME

peaking of which, did you manage to finish (I think) your 2005 TTF award-winning Nemesis artwork?
Oh god, i am NEVER going to live that down, am i?

I think TTF should raise money to encourage me to finish it. ;)

I'm thinking about doing a rather large oil version, and. .like. selling it. to hungry obsessive enthusiasts. Bwaaahahaah!
Anonymous

[quote=""HAJiME""]
peaking of which, did you manage to finish (I think) your 2005 TTF award-winning Nemesis artwork?
Oh god, i am NEVER going to live that down, am i?

I think TTF should raise money to encourage me to finish it. ;)

I'm thinking about doing a rather large oil version, and. .like. selling it. to hungry obsessive enthusiasts. Bwaaahahaah![/quote]

It wouldn't work - all the TTF enthusiasts are either hungry OR obsessive!

And as far as people mentioning AT goes, I think of the car park monorail station, the towers and Corky.

:D
HAJiME

Ebay auction.? :P lol
henry.buxton.44

i get really excited :D and think about the next time im going :lol:
thanks to lewis97 for the signature
NickiFan

I'm like,

gimme me a minute, you know, i love dat place...

then start to cry.

:lol:
mattiepearce

It may be sad but I think of the forum and the people on it!  :oops:
lf2001

I think of standing on Towers Street, and looking across to the Towers. Then I think of Oblivion  :D
JammyBand

I normally think of the first view I had of the towers themselves. It was so magical. Also, I cried when the Alton Towers theme tune came on in our music lesson during a warm up game. It was very emotional for me, especially since I have been deprived of going to Alton over the closed season. It reminded me of the amazing time I had when I first went to Alton!

Also, its seems crazy to think that this topic was made in 2006, which was actually 8 years ago! 2006 seems like it was the other week.
mattiepearce

JammyBand wrote: Also, its seems crazy to think that this topic was made in 2006, which was actually 8 years ago! 2006 seems like it was the other week.
It doesn't seem like yesterday for me as I was 6 when this topic was made. :D
Georgia_Leigh

I get really excited and start babbling on about the time I went on the smiler with TSM  and that it was the best day ever! My friends now know not to mention AT!
Courtesy of lewis97
lucy2244

-anecdote incoming-
I was once having lunch in a pub with my parents last summer, the smiler had broke down (unsurprisingly) and I overheard this middle aged couple talking about it. At first I was very interested, but then I heard them getting all the facts wrong, saying it had 20 inversions and was broken become someone died! (?!) At this point I was furiously texting another former geek about what these people had said, and decided to take a photo, little did I know, the flash was on my phone. As soon as I pressed the camera it flashed and the couple turned around and saw me- behind a menu- taking a photo of them like a very weird, rather disturbing stalker!
Moral of the story? Don't be tempted to take photos of people talking about Alton towers... Or just take photos of people in general really  :lol:
razgriz33

People don't mention Alton Towers, I mention it to them!

Actually I think about all the times I went with my family when I was too scared to ride the mine train. Then see how far I've come from being that scared little boy. Conquering fear is a real confidence booster.
SamTP

when people say rita is faster than stealth! :(
scw55

I think of Nemesis.

I grew up when Nemesis was "the new ride". So when ever you saw promotion/tv-spots/w.e of Alton Towers, Nemesis would be tied up with that.

When ever any peers talked about going to Alton Towers, they'd always talk about Nemesis.

Nemesis is Alton Tower.

The rollercoasters since are distinct and unique. But Nemesis has that impact of having the fake-blood and monster in the middle of the pit. It also looks mental if you see any park maps.
tallicay2k

I'm different...I wait and listen like a hawk on a mouse to see if they know their stuff about AT. If not...I give them a lesson and the what's going ons...to end it I make sure they come to me for refreshers lol
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Ziggy

I just think of how I can convince them to go with me as soon as possible!  :D
KatangaZebra

As sad as it might sound, when someone mentions Alton Towers I automatically think of the turnstiles at the entrance. :D
stealthsmiler

I get excited then get an extremely fast flash of the towers with the lake and bridge, every big coaster, the entrance and the logo when you first arrive at the park. I still think theme park though and always forget it is a resort. The hotels and waterpark dont automatically come to mind when I think alton towers.
KatangaZebra

stealthsmiler wrote:I get excited then get an extremely fast flash of the towers with the lake and bridge, every big coaster, the entrance and the logo when you first arrive at the park. I still think theme park though and always forget it is a resort. The hotels and waterpark dont automatically come to mind when I think alton towers.

I've been an Enthusiast since February 2012 and a Towers Times Forumer since today and I only realised it was a resort 6 months after I realised how amazing Alton Towers really is when you know everything about it. :)