Black Hole Finally Going

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

Contrary to popular belief that it had already gone, next week should see the start of the dismantling of Black Hole for a destination unknown. Not sure if the tent is going too.

That will leave a nice big empt space . . . . . . .
Kaz

How did you find this out, may I ask?
Ash

Wow!

Nice post thanks for the news. Well if im on park ill try and get pictures for everyone. It will be a shame to see the old girl go :cry:

If the tent is going i suppose the countdown is on until we see a new attraction. Or P2P?

Its rumored we will see nothing thrilling for 3/4 years time but can Alton wait that long with an empty tent? Will they fill it with something temporary?

Ash
Tom M

Well if this is actually true then it is about time, I wonder how it is looking in there? Very dusty for a guess! :P I hope someone gets a lot of pictures as this would be the last we would ever see of the ride unless it has finally been bought and not being scrapped. It was said at the behind the scenes tour that the tent was staying but to get the ride out I assume the side of the tent would be taken off or the tent down itself.

Tom. :)
Ash

Side taken off I believe. Where the basketball game is.
Adam

Well its about bloody time. They should have removed/repaired or replaced it back when it closed! It makes me sad everytime i walk past knowing that its still sat there. Poor thing!

Ad x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

That's it then. :( We say goodbye to a piece of AT history. I did hear about this the other day, heard the exact date - 15th or 16th June? Can't remember.

It's going to be weird. Will the tent remain in place despite the lack of coaster inside?
$t£v£

Why on earth was it closed if it was going to remain there for so long?
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
Lozza

^because to pass health and safety they would have to pay for an emergency fire route (i think- or something liek that!) they were planning to get rid of it anyone so why pay money for something that you don't intend to keep? i suppose the sellnig part of the ride took longer than they wanted to though. It's a shame seeing it go, just another piece of classic alton towers history being sold. Atleast now i won't have to go past the tent trying to stop myself from breaking in and having another go! :lol:
:D
Anonymous

^^^ I think they were planning to keep it, but they needed to build a new emergency evacuation platform that would cost hundred of thousands of pounds to comply with new H&S rules, and AT just decided they couldn't invest that much money into it, so it had to close immediately. :(

It's been sold for a while though, I think?
Andyc Nemesis

I was not sure if the ride had been sold, have not heard anything. It will be a shame once it has left the park as it was a classic ride. I think the tent will be staying.

Bye bye black hole. I just found the picture of me and Winnie the Pooh on the ride. lol
Matt 125

Faulty Towers, who is your source btw?

Anyways good news if it is true because then AT can begin with a new ride or something there! Will be interesting of what will take BH's place!

Matt :D
Ash

Yes its been sold to a Brazilian park me thinks ?
Matt 125

Could it be the same Brazilian Park as Thunder Looper?

Matt :wink:
Crofty

I just hope that the tent goes too or there is some really bad damage tot he tent as the coaster is shifted out.

If the tent is gone or can't be used then Alton Towers will have to think of something sparkly and new to replace it. If the tent stays then I fear a bad large pay per play attraction will be dumped in there for the next few years :x

:D :D
fatlilmonkey

http://www.rcdb.com/id2847.htm

i think this is the black hole^^^ either that or they are now makin jet star 2 coasters once more! dunno if thats been mentioned but yeh!

RIK
xx

its not ignore me. lol it could be if alton dont want the location of where its going too be told but doubt it
sorry people!
Sorry
rik
xx
Liam

I hope that the tent goes too, and gets replaced by something unusual and imaginative. However I doubt it will as it will avoid having to request planning permission for something new to go on that site.
Make sure one of you get some photos of the removal. The end of another era for the park.
buggy

An indoor attraction, dark ride kind of thing, possibly with a decent sized flat inside might be good there, the building could be sound proofed too avoid too much noise.

Although, after just adding CACF i doubt it will happen
Anonymous

[quote=""Mattez125""]Faulty Towers, who is your source btw?

Matt :D[/quote]

. . . .I'm not telling . . . .suffice to say it came from within the park employees.
Danzaw*nk

Thats a shame. The Black Hole is now going :(. Always enjoyed the ride and was a credit to AT. Hopefully something better will fill its place in the years to come. An indoor attraction would be cool. :)

If they don't put anything there (ridewise), they should remove the tent and get something small to fulfill the area. Perhaps a P2P or something.

RIP Black Hole :cry:

<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3