Black Hole Finally Going

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

Black Hole is now closed, RCDB listing it as closing in 2006.

SBNO no longer :(
Ash

Its been closed since last season!?
AstroDan

It was SBNO, so it wasn't 'closed' in the sense of 'removed'.
towersart

Well, as promised heres a few pictures of the exciting fence. The fence has now been painted black though.

ashayling

towersart, Please can we use these images for 100% Alton Towers. All credit will be given to you of course.

[Liam - Stop subliminally advertising your site in here. That is a personal question, so use the personal message system for it!]
Locker

towersart, Please can we use these images for 100% Alton Towers. All credit will be given to you of course.
I didn't know it was open?

Regards,
Mark
doom+sons1988

Hmm. Do you think Black Hole will be removed in time for a new attraction to be put in it's place next year ?
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
AstroDan

We can all hope! Evenmoving something from Thorpe or Chessington to the site would be cool. Like a Breakdance in the dark *drools* :D

Seriously though, I reckon Alton will put something in there for either 2007 or 2008, but what and how decent will remain unknown!

It's quite exciting to know we'll have a new something in that tent at some stage! Just hope its decent.
John

I'm still holding on to the dream of a MoveIt, though as I'll probably never go on it if they do get one I wouldn't be too impressed if it was hidden away in a tent.

There's loads of things they could do with the tent beside rides, it would be fairly well suited to a show of some kind or they could build a fairly large well themed walkthrough in one side leading to a ride in the circular section.
Ash

I think rides scu as these would be brilliant. Perhaps having 2 flats in there?

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... mzamp.html

or

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%2 ... oursm.html

Would both be perfect in the tent. I would love the second one to be installed and make it look like you were actually swirling into a black hole! Perhaps having guests wait in a holding area above the ride. Where the floor becomes see through where they see guests spinning upside down.

Then a door opens where they spiral around the outside of the ride to the floor with metal meshing or porthole windows allowing them to look onto the ride. They then board the ride and exit out the same way as the Black Hole tent.

So firstly you spiral up to the top where you are held and watch a pre show which you then see ride through the floor your standing on with lots of flashing lights etc etc. Then you board the ride and on the floor infront of you it would be brilliant to have flame, ice and water effects. Maybe wind effects aswell? You leave the ride to a post show and shop?

Good?
AstroDan

Or, alternatively, go for:

http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/c ... -Mouse.php

Nice, dark, compact, vertical lift.

It's what the tent was made for, and the capacity is up to 1,000 per hour.

ANd look at the effects Mack can add to the ride:

Indoor, Outdoor capable Vertical Lift system Chain Lift system Spiral-Lift-system, Turntable, Direction Change Various drop sequences Flexible Speed Water Contact
barryzola

Anything that doesn't just spin around sounds good to me. They literally do make me sick. :)
Dogbert

I just hope that it won't be a crummy p2p attraction. Yet i have an odd feeling AT would place something like that in there.

:(
What, you were expecting something witty?
towersart

[quote=""ashayling""]towersart, Please can we use these images for 100% Alton Towers. All credit will be given to you of course.

[Liam - Stop subliminally advertising your site in here. That is a personal question, so use the personal message system for it!] [/quote]

Feel free to use the images I post in this topic on any site. However bigger quality photos will not be given other than those posted.
iriderides101

Sorry to bring everyones hopes down on a new attraction its just CATCF was announced around this time last year so i doubt a ride will be going in there but rita was no announced untill septmeber but who knows?
Nick

Rides do not have to be announced, they shouldnt need to announce anything that is going into the BlackHole tent as it won't need any new planning permissions.
Ash

True, so we could see anything going in there? In my opinion we should look to that tent for the 2007 season! Alton wont leave it empty, they cant leave a vital space like that empty. Im guessing maybe a P2P? Im hoping that its a indoor coaster though. Every park needs a dark coaster! But theres not a lot of room in there?

Maybe we should have a well themed flat?
Williscroft

As much as i will miss this ride it's also very exciting to see what happens to the site. I mean if no owner has been found for the ride yet then why are they removing it ? that would say to me that they need the space for something else otherwise they would of probably left it there till they found a buyer.

A new indoor coaster would be great though, something like a Space Mountain, now that would be cool. They have the room to extend the site so i dout there would be any problems getting a larger coaster in. The one thing im dreading though like everyone else is another P2P attraction. What ever happend to that saying "Alton Towers believes in value for money"
Anonymous

[quote=""titler121""]True, so we could see anything going in there? In my opinion we should look to that tent for the 2007 season! Alton wont leave it empty, they cant leave a vital space like that empty. Im guessing maybe a P2P? Im hoping that its a indoor coaster though. Every park needs a dark coaster! But theres not a lot of room in there?

Maybe we should have a well themed flat?[/quote]

It's now coming from several sources that there is nowt special planned for 2007. A thorough park spring clean and update thats all. Anything more than a P2P will require a significant U turn from their plans let alone a major scratching of the heads session to find where the budget comes from. £5 parking anyone or skyride with cycle pedals. . . .decisons,decisons . . . .
Ash

:P Well we can all hope!

I think perhaps a cheap second hand flat would do nicely in there? Just with a fiew lights im sure they could fork it up? Perhaps another temporary coaster in there. I thought what would be a possibility. Buying another tent and putting them end on end? As these tents are widely available and dont require to much maintinence.

Its always a possibility to make some more indoor space and im sure it would fit above the enterprise site. Which i would like to see move to Ug Land.