Whats the funniest thing you or someone else has done at AT?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kiridrage

Thought this may be a good topic to start.
I have been to alton towers at least once a year since 1997,

But i havent seen or done anything funny, what a boring person i am...
Kiridrage

Guess no-one is funny either! Lol, come on you people who work for towers, you must have seen some good things. x :P
Lauzi

Last edited by Lauzi on Tue May 17, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiridrage

Ok, thanks for the advice. I am going to Alton Towers next Saturday, Cant wait! :lol:
SW-Dave

I remember once Qing for Oblivion last year there wre these dumbass americans in the Q behind me. I mostly ignored what they said, but eventually one of them said 'Oblivion is just a small copy of Sheikra.

At that point I had to enter there conversation by force, grab it by the balls and point it in the right direction. But they insisted that Oblivion was just a copy, and no matter what I said they refused to believe that a new kind of coaster would be built outside the states.

There ignorance left me so wound up that there was only 1 thing to do. Have a ciggy (yes in the Q line, but this was a special circumstance). Anyway, one of the americans, as I knew she would said 'Are you going to smoke that?" 'Yes' I said, 'But I'm not going to enjoy it'.

Eventually the debate moved onto how cool smoking is, and they got so cross with me for kicking there asses that they actually left the Q line.

Maybe smoking shouldnt be banned in the Q lines :P
Lauren

Dont even get me started. This was embarrasing for me , but funny for my friends :oops:
On rita (i am quite small) and the overhead restraint , the left bar didnt go over my shoulder , it went over my neck , leaving me with my neckhanging out of the side. My friends thought this was soooooooooooo amusing , the man out the bars up and i got back into place. meanwhile after the ride , i picked up a ''i survived rita medal'' and went upto some random man thinking it was my dad and said , ''wanna buy me this.'' The man just started at me.
That was the most embarrasing 10 minutes of my life.
(Go on laugh , you know you want to ;) )
Lauren

Also. There was thsi american woman , and she was arguing with her friends in the skyride que saying ''what would you take to alton towers , your sunglasses or your bag?'' (Note this was april not august.) SO she turned round as said , ''hewy , what would you take to alton tower s, your bag or sunglasses'' We replied ''dunno''
And to top it off we got stuck with them in the sky ride. I was dying to laugh :D
cLarkey_10

I remember when i was queing for the rapids and saw a kid try to hop a fence and he fell flat on his face. It looked so painful but he got straight back up and walked away looking a little red :lol:
Next Trip To Alton Towers: Tomorrow
Towers tucan

Yes , people trying to climb over fences and then falling flat on there face ahhhhh , Very fond memories ! :oops:

<!-- s]
plasticboy

Some people may say this is cruel, but i found it quite funny.I was queuing for the UG Swingers when a rather 'large' woman went to take her seat on the ride, only to find that her arse was too bit too fit inthe seat! This was funny enough, and then she said to the ride-op 'i dont think i fit', to which the ride op burst out laughing himself. This just had me in creases on the floor! :lol: Maybe not very good customer treatment from the ride-op, but then again i dont i could have stopped myself from cracking a smile.

Another funny moment was once when i was walking from Gloomy Wood to Forbidden Valley. A teenage lad (must have been about 17 or 18) stole £5 from a womens purse as she paid for something from the tuck shop place. He then turned around and sprinted off, only to dodge past someone and run straight into one of the large barrell shapped bins and wind himself badly! He then fell to the floor in agony, and the womens husband/partner walked over to the lad, took back the £5 and kicked him in the chest. This was such good payback for the thief, everyone standing around pointing and laughing at him, he was soooo embarassed! HaHa!
Anonymous

During a winter weekend after a ride on hex me and 3 other people got a little lost and walked around the raised walls, in the barbican and finally to the dovecoate, which Ive always wanted to see.

It was just funny because it was so silent and we were so in awe of some of the places we'd never been - it just kept making us laugh.
Phang Obsessed

One word/sound/whatever:

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! (For full effect please get an old man to shout that very loudly).

That's what I sound like on Oblivion. With a dash of extra expletives.
New signature being made, you better believe it biatch!
Danzaw*nk

On March 19th my sister's b/f came (he's like 30) and we were on Oblivion. After he came off he said he dribbled whilst hanging over the edge and then it hit him in the face :lol:. Also, he moonied the camera on the rapids which was a laugh.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Lauren

Lovelllyy :P I put thumbs up to the camera in rapids, nothing exiting :]
Lozza

Well once my sister called the skyride a flying train, i have no idea where she got it from!
Also on adrenaline week there was nobody at spinball and we were bored so i asked the ride op if we could have a car each, by this time by friend had sat herself down in a car. He said that we could have 2 in one car and one in the other, i thought i might give it a pass but by this time my friend was away in a car of her own. It looked so funny just to see her flying around the track on her lonesome! :lol:
:D
Anonymous

wait no Ive changed my mind!

last time I went to Alton aka the last min meet -
the flume queueline and ride I was almost in tears laughing. Craig having his face licked by me and ray, kaycees thong almost ripping as we tried to lift her up by it, craig screaming about his trapped scollop while pulling his kecks.
All of us covered in Kaycees make up after a fight in the tavern.
Leaving Kaycee on a sky ride carrige on her own.

One of the funniest days ever! (yes ever)
Anonymous

[quote=""Air-Rocks""]Dont even get me started. This was embarrasing for me , but funny for my friends :oops:
On rita (i am quite small) and the overhead restraint , the left bar didnt go over my shoulder , it went over my neck , leaving me with my neckhanging out of the side. My friends thought this was soooooooooooo amusing , the man out the bars up and i got back into place. meanwhile after the ride , i picked up a ''i survived rita medal'' and went upto some random man thinking it was my dad and said , ''wanna buy me this.'' The man just started at me.
That was the most embarrasing 10 minutes of my life.
(Go on laugh , you know you want to ;) )[/quote]

^^ Thats what I was just about to post.
Stu

Oh no forgot their name, but in UG Land, where you have play with the water bombs to try and soak each other. If you go in the far far back one, and pull it as hard as possbile, the water bombs go out of the area and into the crowd. So me and a few mates just brought 2 buckets and was soaking the crowed. was sooo funny. Then someone with our group, reall strong, pulled it really far back with helf of someone else, and aimed it high up, and we did attualy hit the sky ride as it went past. The person giving us the water balloons just laughed and said nice one.
dave_lee

My dad was nearly sick on the tea-cups and as soon as he got off the ride he ran soooo fast to the toilet it was funny as hell :mrgreen:
Lauren

LOOL ,
i never have funny moments they are allways emabrrasing and funny for others -cry-