New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

New music for the new resort image!

Yep, that's right, the Towers Street music that we've known and loved for years is gone, and apparently it doesn't look like it's ever coming back! :(

There's new music now playing down Towers Street, part of an overhaul of image I guess, the new 'resort' image. I think the new adverts start today or sometime soon?

So, when describing the new music, my dear friend said it sounds 'new', and 'western', and errr, 'like how different Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's music was to Toyland Tours''. So I guess we'll have to wait and see to find out what it's like. :lol:

I know I haven't heard the new music yet, but GUTTED. I have that Towers Street music on the end of a CD of music I made - it's a load of dancy stuff, then at the end 15 mins of Towers Street music (I know I'm sad, whateverrrrr). :( I'm going to miss it, that music just summed up Alton Towers to me.

Let's hope the new music is good, anyway. :D
plasticboy

Yep, as you said kacey, GUTTED. That music was just so magical, everytime you walked down Towers Street you would hear that music and think 'Yessss, i am AT again!"

Anyhow, lets just hope this new image the park is going to be projecting is a good one.

Any idea's when the new music will start to be played? Could we get a copy of it?
Kelly

Meh :( Omg this is so sad - that music makes everyone feel so happy! It makes you think 'Yay - im at Alton Towers'. I hope this new music can do that. I'm all for change, but i'm gutted! When will the new music be played? Any ideas?
Redcoat Jase

OMFG! I can't say how unhappy I am about this!

Whatever next, they might as well just demolish the Towers and build a hotel there, that would give the place more of a 'Resort' feel!

Well, i think we can officially say that the magic has just left Alton Towers no matter what this new theme sounds like :( :( :(
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Squiggles

To be fair the Towers Street Music was getting quite dated as it was composed of all the parks music circa 1994. (Haunted House, TT, Peter Rabbit, KC, etc.)
Edwardo..... move me!
Kelly

Still its what a lot of people associate with Alton Towers - The place seems to be changes so much - its sort of loosing its magic in some ways. This is so sad :(
Anonymous

[quote=""I""]There's new music now playing down Towers Street[/quote]

Starts today! Old Towers Street music is no more! :o :(

I agree with Squiggles that it was getting dated, but that's the last shred of that magical era we had left. :( *sob*
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""Squiggles""]To be fair the Towers Street Music was getting quite dated as it was composed of all the parks music circa 1994. (Haunted House, TT, Peter Rabbit, KC, etc.)[/quote]

If this is the case, do you think that they may intend to stop the use of 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' around the park.

In some ways i'm disappointed, but i'm looking forward to hearing the new theme!

No Worries though I suppose, because Towers Times has a full quality, full-length version of 'Towers Street Theme' in the media section! :D:D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Anonymous

I've just heard some of it down the phone and it sounds...OK. It's still made up of loads of different bits just like the old one was, with the faster and slower parts - still sounds all happy and Alton Towersy, but...just more 'resorty' apparently. :lol:
Adam

I never understand why people have kittens over things like this. The music was old and made the park if anything look out of date.

Im glad for a change. Now if they had put on a kind of Spinball Whizzer and TRRR playlist thing it would be diffrent.

So what peices of music is played? I hope Duel and Hex! :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
timmy1372

You gotta move onwards sometimes but without disgracing what it was before.

Onwards and Upwards :D
Magical Ryan

Awwww No, I really liked the old music.
Anyway can anyone get hold of the new one?
Williscroft

Im realy sad to see this great magical piece of music leave Towers Street, it was so good and put a smile on everyones face but im all for change aslong as its better and still has that magical Alton Towers feel to it.

Hopefuly the old sound track should still be played on the sky ride though so it hasn't totaly left just yet :)
Lauzi

Gutted! This is extremely saddening :(

No longer will Towers St. music be associated with Alton Towers - unless, of course, they keep playing it in certain places i.e. the skyride.

When I was little and this music was on the monorail and we went past Nemesis - I used to get really scared. It holds a place in my heart.

However, I'm sure the new music will be good - it just may take a bit of getting used to.
Jon

Does anyone know if it still incorperates the main "in the hall" theme? i think much of the magic is locked in that song and as its use decrease, as does the parx sparx akvell, we are troupers and shall carry on! :lol:
Formerly "Dagoo"
Matt 125

No longer will Towers St. music be associated with Alton Towers - unless, of course, they keep playing it in certain places i.e. the skyride.
Hopefully they will keep it in the sky ride and Monorail but I can see it changing in there too to keep with the whole theme!

I'm hoping that this new music will be as memorable as the old one and if it isn't then well that is a great disappointment! I think we can safely say that ITHOTMK won't be used in the advert because I can see that being very 'resorty' and modern but oh well! There's always some space for change!

Matt :D
MJT

As much as i liked the old Towers street music, i'm kind of glad to see a change. Lets hope the new music has a good alton towers feel to it. I hope this change means a new start to alton towers as a lot of the park could do with an update eg. entrance plaza, monorail and there are loads of out of date signs around the park etc.
AstroDan

Well, a sad - but day for the future!

All things come to an end - and parks must move on! Whenever AT decided to remove the Towers Street theme, we'd all have been sad. Sad days happen at theme parks!

I am sure the new music will be grown to loved, just like the old music. If it's anything like the quality of the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory music, then we are in good hands!

I wanna hear meh! meh! meh!
themeparkfreak

How the heck can they take away one of ATs most loved and noticed features! If I knew this was gonna happen, last time I went to AT I wouldve savoured the moment more, walking down towers st.
Anonymous

I Have listened to it all day and I have to say its a worthy replacement for the old music! It fits the park and the street very well and has a CATCF feel to it, some of it is up beat and some parts are slower, one part is like circus music.

hard to explain it but please don't be dissapointed! It's very good and fits Towers St very well.

P.S Hall the mountain king still plays in the monorail stations.