New Towers Street Music!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Redcoat Jase

This new music doesn't have an Alton Towers feel to it! Whereas the Old Towers Street music was alot more catchy and was the sort of music that you would be humming for days. The one i'm listening to ATM is nothing on the Old Theme and i doubt i will be humming along for minutes nevermind days!

I also think that walking down Towers street wont the same anymore and god help us all when they can finally be bothered to replace it on the Transport systems!

Certainly not a worthy replacement! :x
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
AstroDan

How can you all be so damming about the new music when you have simply listened to a shoddy recording (albeit a one we are thankful for)? Granted, it doesn't sound as developed and detailed as the old tune - but so what?

The music is happy and sunny at least. Give it a chance to settle down. It's like pensioners in France being hostile to the Euro when it first came in but now its second nature.
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""AstroDancer""]How can you all be so damming about the new music when you have simply listened to a shoddy recording (albeit a one we are thankful for)? Granted, it doesn't sound as developed and detailed as the old tune - but so what?
[/quote]

No, I've heard it, It's rubbish! :)
AstroDan

I'll reserve judgement for when I am walking down TS next week. Quite a few people earlier in the thread liked it, so I am not going to be swayed. Yet.
timmy1372

We fear change :( :( :(

Change bad :x :x :x

:roll: :roll: :D :)
Queen of Speed

Charlie's music was absolutely not composed by Tussauds Studios. Nor was the new Towers St music, as for the rest on your list, I can't comment as I am not very familiar with Thorpe / Chessington’s music. Tussauds studios hardly do any composing and if they do its very small pieces, they just commission composers to the set brief of the project.
Ah right, I was under the impression that it was the Studios themselves because ATA claims Charlie was done in-house, and also someone I spoke to at Chessington was quite sure that Tussauds had done the said tracks.

Either way, the ones I listed must be done by the same person, whoever they are,
as they're musically very similar. Do you have any idea who actually composed them? And what are these little short tracks which Studios did do?
Beaver Dude

The old music sucked. This music is better not much better but better all the same. I think the old music sucked because it's so lame when you compare it to the TP bridge music. This is like that time when TLT went and was replaced by CatCF and everyone missed TLT even though it sucked. It's a small change in music for the better in my opinion. Listen to the TP bridge music and then compare it to the old TS music and you'll know why I think the old music sucked.
Matt 125

Right now I've listened to it all I will give my views. Basically I felt it repeated itself and the whole tune sounded Childish and samey (using the same notes and basic tune)! I will give it time and wait until I hear a better version and in real life. . . thanks for the tune anyway Locker! I agree with most of these comments about it being circusy and I am surprised Alton would have done it like this!

If people are humming the tune and skipping to it then hopefully it will be liked. I bet the public havn't even noticed its changed!

Matt :D
Anonymous

I Think it's really random, sounds all jumbled up, i hope they keep what they've got on the skyride coz i dont think i could take hearin that over and over again all day :shock:
Gashead

I dont really like this music, sounds like something from mary poppins :lol:
Williscroft

Well its defornatly different aint it. As people have said, its a recording so could be better in real life so ill wait till this friday to see for my self. From what ive herd though its no were near as good as the old music and personaly id bring the old music back as quickly as possible.

I dont like the start of it, sounds to much like the circus which just makes me think cheap, tacky clowns etc, defornatly not a magical theme park. When it stops for a few seconds and the next part starts it does get better but still not magical like the last one.

Overal i dont like the change, to me it sounds like a soundtrack they would of put together for one of the Ice Shows. Bring back the old one, there was nothing wrong with it, it had alot of change, better sounds and overal made you think you were in a magical land, not on a field next to a circus :roll:
Ash

My sentiments exactly!

No magic, and sounds like a circus gone wrong! Some of it is ok but it just sounds a bit tacky. Something you could expect at American Adventure! :P

Certainly not all! I noticed they now have Flume music playing on the phones aswell, i swear it used to be Towers Street music?

Perhaps the licence ended on the TS music?
Redcoat Jase

[quote=""titler121""]Something you could expect at American Adventure! :P
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more! Doesn't say too much for the resort and the image they want to create when they're playing cheesy music like that :)
AstroDan

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]The old music sucked. This music is better not much better but better all the same. I think the old music sucked because it's so lame when you compare it to the TP bridge music. This is like that time when TLT went and was replaced by CatCF and everyone missed TLT even though it sucked. It's a small change in music for the better in my opinion. Listen to the TP bridge music and then compare it to the old TS music and you'll know why I think the old music sucked.[/quote]

Well having been to TP a few times, I couldn't even begin to hum the music it's THAT good :P

Seriously, what is it that makes the TP bridge music so good? :-?
Ant

Hmm sounds alot like Cred Streets music or should I say Market square music from chessie which theay have nicked. Its very plain not catchy atall as someone said it sounds alot like Chessies Entrance music wouldn't surprise me if it was there already using one music track of theres. Could of been alot longer aswell I mean 9mins going to get a bit repeative. And how the hell playing some tacky music like that Create a more resort feel? the old music seemed to created it 100 times better it had quality and magic.

Did anyone notice the Spinball queue game sound effects used in the first two minutes thats how much it shouts tacky cheapness :P .

Hopefully that crap is not going in the Skyride please atleast let us have some old Alton magic remain :evil: .
leemilthorpe

I listened to it once and was outraged that this would be replacing the original towers street music! I listened to it a second time and I was addicted to it lol! Ok it doesn't have the same atmospheric affect that the old track had but it is still gonna make me dance down towers street with a grin and a bounce :D
Beaver Dude

Seriously, what is it that makes the TP bridge music so good?
It's happy but also has some sort of darker bits. It's sort of an epic piece of music a bit like the Colossus music. It's also pretty loud at some points and then calmer and quiter at others. It's also not repetetive.
doom+sons1988

Not a patch on the original. It doesen't have the same dark edge as the orignal one did, it's like AT ripping out Nemesis and putting Nemesis Inferno in it's place.

It really sounds lethargic that's all I can say (bit like CATCF). They shouldn't have replaced it.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Dan84

[quote=""Ant""] Could of been alot longer aswell I mean 9mins going to get a bit repeative. And how the hell playing some tacky music like that Create a more resort feel? the old music seemed to created it 100 times better it had quality and magic.[/quote]

The old Towers Street music is only 12 minutes long at the loop.

I think the old Towers Street music ran its course. It has Peter Rabbit, Toyland Tours and the Haunted House in it. At least the new music has no lifetime, its generic, does not include any ride music. I'm not overkeen on the circusy bit at the beginning but the next bit I think is really good.
Williscroft

Ive just listened to the old Towers Street music again and its made me realy sad to think Alton Towers could change such a great magical sound track which had nothing wrong with it. It has soft gental parts, lively fast parts, actualy contains the Alton Towers theme tune and basicaly is 100 times better.

I realy cant see how Alton Towers are happy with the change. Put two sound booths at the top of TS, get the public to listen to both and i know which one would come out tops and its defornatly not the cheap clown circus music we have now :(

There was no need for the change in music, if anything its made them look cheap as when you compare the new piece of music to the old one you can tell time and effort went into it, the new one sounds extremely cheaply made and like it was done in a day. :(