New Park Advert: From May 2006

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Matt 125

I just watched the Magic Factory and it totally brought me back to the Media frenzy that Oblivion caused.
Have you got that on your comp? Would you be able to send?

Anyways, I liked the ad and it really did focus on AT being more of a more than one day thing. All the different noises IMO will grab peoples attention!
Ok ok it wasn't as magical as the 1994 one but really times do change and you don't want to be repeating what they did 12 years ago!

Anyways, i liked the ad and thought it showed AT in a good light! Also loving the shots of Blivvy!

Matt :D
ryani210693

Same here! Except i went onto the website at lunch in school at about 1:00 and it was there, fine, perfect great (but with no sound!) so i now want to see it again now at home (where i am) with sound! But there is now no link on the site, and i have also tried keying in directly the website address to the site, but no video comes up!

Help!?!
Dr Pop Rocket

I cannot find the advert. :cry: I get onto the page where it should be but nothing comes up.
doom+sons1988

I've just seen it. Go on ATA forums and look for the new Alton towers Ad thread.
It's pretty dull but the highlight is that man using the big chair as a toliet.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Liam

I like the breath at the end, that’s a nice touch, however like others, I feel it needed something extra(ordinary) :lol:. It's a good idea and filmed nicely, although would have been better to get shots of more rides in there somewhere.
I think it needs ITHOTMK quietly playing in the background through and then rising in volume for the last few shots before being cut off by the breath.
In particular I love the garden scenes and the one with the football - they look absolutely beautiful. The one thing that is especially clear with these is that there is no other park like it! :)
Redcoat Jase

It would've been really cool to hear ITHOTMK made up of all the different sounds around Alton Towers, as i don't get what them sounds are supposed to be or make up! :?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Wes

Just seen it, love it!

Just think of it from the perspective of the person trying to sell the park, if you sitting at home watching the adverts then this comes on, it would certainly grab your attention.
Although it doesn't exactly scream at you ALTON TOWERS, it makes you want to know what it is all about, why? how? what?

With the pause after the build up aswell, superb to grab your ears. Although it may not get across the magic we feel towards the park, it certain gives an extream resort feel.

Mugz x

:D
towersdude

I like the tenision it gives and oblivion works well with that. I especially like it where the creepy music comes on for like 2 seconds as Oblivion nears the edge then it goes quite and you see the towers - good editing
Lozza

I just put sky one on and it had just started, my computer won't play it so i was quite pleased. All i can say is that it is quite wierd, i think the lack of music makes you stare and really wonder what on earth the advert is about. Overal i thought it was quite good, definately not as magical as the old one but definately fives alton towers a new resorty look! :D also i think its quite random when there is a shot of the towers and a football suddenly just appears from nowhere!
:D
Jay12

Ive also just seen it. Im not sure how much i missed but i caught oblivion at the top, then going down, with side view. Then cuts to a statue in the gardens then to Cariba Creek. It certainly gave me goosebumps and made me want to visit again, and again. Best advert ive seen for a while.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
ryani210693

I'm still confused why it isnt there on hte site. Does anybody know how i can see it then?!?
AstroDan

Super isn't it. In general, the response is very good. It's modern, quirky, different and sophisticated. It's not the usual theme park ad style. :D
Wes

Bubbles De'vere

[quote=""Dave""]
and no prizes why they focused on oblivion in the addvert.[/quote]

what does he mean by this?
Ant

Brilliant best advert since Splash Landings in 2003, Some great shots of Rides and hotels other random bits etc very cleverly done it felt like a sort of film teaser not giveing to much away. In particular I loved the shot at the start with the people running across the bridge in the Gardens. It is sad though HOTMK was not in it but the park needs to move on from the 90s I suppose the sounds used in the Ad where great and catch attention to the TV got to love the Ahhhhhh at the end noise :P
Anonymous

[quote=""Ade""]Of course Oblivion is in it! Aswell as something rather odd unless the final version is edited.[/quote]

I wanna know where there is a candy floss machine at Alton Towers!?
sammie04

Yeah I'm a bit confused about the Candy Floss Machine aswell I thought they only sold buckets of them :? .

I thought it was a pretty good advert still can't beat the ones in the 90's though although I think it's good their using a different idea just by hearing and seeing it will draw people to the Tv. It has a weird funky feel to it aswell and it has a bit of a magic touch too :) .

P.S whats with the man making weird sounds getting off the big chair in the hotel pretty random thing to put in?
Craig

Personally I quite liked it. I think one thing we've all got to remember is that AT are trying to market the place to a very wide range of people, not just us enthusiasts.

No longer is AT just a theme park, there's the spa and hotels to include as well, and that's reflected in the advert. As it says ont he advert page on the site "It's a world where everybody is welcome" and the advert in my opinion, shows this.
LiamC

Just seen it!
Not sure if i like it though! It lacks the penash of the last advert(s), not sure how many of them there are!
It isnt as good but it does show all aspects of the park which is a good thing if you look at it overall but it lacked a certain something that i cant quite put my finger on!
A decent advert though!
Liam =)
Adam

[quote=""ryani210693""]I'm still confused why it isnt there on hte site. Does anybody know how i can see it then?!?[/quote]

It is on the site.
http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/resort/tv_ad.asp
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."