New Park Advert: From May 2006

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ash

Owww sounds interesting! So that means no INTOTMK then? What a shame. Does it capture the magic of Alton Towers?

Right CH4 is going on alll day now! :D
Nick

Nope no Magic King music :cry: The music is very quiet, infact, there isnt any. I think it works quite well, although I wasnt watching the TV when it came on and just glanced up and saw the TRRR giant speaker thingys. I think it needs some sort of music on it that people can hear it as soon as it comes on and to grab their attention! I think it was roughly around 30s-45s in length, cant quite remember now though :?
Last edited by Nick on Mon May 15, 2006 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

i like it!

its very sophistiated :P the sound efecst remind me of the submission advert :? im glad they didnt put music on it, makes the absence of hall of the mountain king more bearable.

and no prizes why they focused on oblivion in the addvert.
towersart

11:40 ITV1 for those who wish to see it on the big screen.
Kelly

I found it a tad boring to be honest. People around me (non-enthusiasts) watched it with me, and basically they were not impressed. They felt it 'lacked the magic' that Alton Towers is all about, and i have to say i sort of agree. In general its a good advert. However i thought it focused to much on the hotel etc and not on the themepark. I know it was aiming for the 'resort look' but they should of had an equal balance of both really. I liked the steady beat and yes it did cause suspense but i expeced something more fun and random, with music tbh. Its a good advert but it doesn't really stand out. Not bad though.
Last edited by Kelly on Mon May 15, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash

Talk about lacking in WOW factor! The old adverts left me google eyed and mouth wide open! This one makes me think, meh. Stop trying to get money from me! Its a shame it will be a lot different when people arrive at the park.

Well they certainly are pushing the resort theme!An interesting advert, one very different to what i expected. Certainly not as 'Magical' as some of the older ones, but still good all the same.

Theres a little too much emphasis on Oblivion and not enough on the other great rides at Alton. Its simple and shows a relaxing day out. It will be interesting to see how it goes down with everyone

Overall opinion, it lacks in magic, has no wow factor and wont draw people to the park. There isnt enough emphasis on all the rides not just Oblivion and it just doesnt make sense? :-?
Danzaw*nk

I think Alton have entered the 'resort' stage. The advert, in my eyes, was lacking in the magic and 'wow' factor. There was too much footage of Splash Landings and the Hotel. Also, they only showed a few shots of rides. Too many of Oblivion too. Not any of Air that i saw. One quick not clear shot of Nemesis and a few of Rita's sounds things. A poor attempt but AT IMO. Certainly let down by this advert. I doubt it will be very successful and I am very disappointed with them and this attempt :cry:
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
ImYourVillain

I thought it was OK. Unless you've downloaded the on-ride vid or visit the park loadsa times per year, the footage of Oblivion is pretty unique. Obviously it doesn't have the same impact on enthusiasts as we've seen and done it many times over.

Oblivion is 8 years old; they should've included some unique shots of Rita and Air IMO rather than concentrate on one ride.
AstroDan

Personally - i think it's not bad. It is very modern and sophisticated. I like shots of Oblivion and i like how the lights from Rita are shown. It isn't as good as the old ones (i.e. 1994 general ad) but it's a good advert all the same, well put together and the like. What's with the bells on Rita?

Corkscrew features! How amazing that they included Corky on the ad!

The one thing that would have made it better? ITHOTMK music in the last 5 seconds as the logo came up.
Last edited by AstroDan on Mon May 15, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

I liked it. It made me smile. Gutted about the lack of ITHOTMK, but I like the continuous beat and how they showed all the different elements of the resort.

Not as good as the 1994 one, but meh so what. Times have changed. I think an advert like that on the telly would make people sit up and look. Nice one, AT. :)

Also, I think the (over)use of Oblivion is just due to the theme they were following at that time - you've got the suspense with Oblivion, you've got the football falling down, the water bucket tipping, and then Oblivion falls with all the screams. Plus, Oblivion is probably still one of the most well-known and most-feared ride at AT.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 15, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gashead

I love that advert its quality, especially as kaycee said the "continuous beat " . I think it works really well and im looking forward to seeing it on the old box.
Redcoat Jase

Not Bad! Not what i expected, but it isn't toooo bad!

Would've been nice to see the new font on there somewhere (the ExTrAOrDiNarY font)!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
doom+sons1988

Where is this advert ? It's not on the official site.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Rory

[quote=""doom+sons1988""]Where is this advert ? It's not on the official site.[/quote]

Advert now online:

http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/resort/tv_ad.asp
doom+sons1988

Something funny with my browser, I think. You've put a link up there haven't you Rory but I can only see the link if I click quote. Also when I click on the link it just says Our New TV Ad in red but no video.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Ian

Yeah I really like it as well, it all flows really well and links in together. It doesn't give too much away either, which I think is important especially to first timers - you want to explore the Park yourelf.

Could the football indicate World Cup things?
Redcoat Jase

It isn't working for alot of people, so this is what it should look like. :wink:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/ ... towers.png
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Lauzi

I like it personally.

The suspense building up to the drop at the end is amazing and is enough to have somebody clinging on to the edge of their seats awaiting it. The noises/music in the background also gave an element of suspense towards it.

I admit that I didn't find it as good as the 1994 one, but AT did want to go for the modern resorty type look - which, in my opinion - it had.

People have said there should be more footage of the rides. What would be the point of putting: 'Alton Towers - a theme park, two hotels and a waterpark' if they didn't have footage of all of those things? They are trying to sell themselves off as a resort and Alton Towers Hotel, Splash Landings and Cariba Creek aren't as well known as the park itself.

Overall - I think a good effort in and I say the more Oblivion - the better :D
Matthew

Can somebody please put up a link or something because when I go on the offical site there is no advert to be seen? :(