Alton Towers Quick Questions 2006/7

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nick

I doubt they would drop the Shortcut tickets. Not sure if a price has been revealed for the 2007 season, should either be £6 or £7. I'm sure information will be released when the new site is launched
ashmo

The Shortcut ticket costs £7 I phoned them up to check.
ashmo

What time should I set off? I live around 120miles away from Alton Towers. AA Route planner said 2 Hours 24mins Rac route planner said 3 Hours 12 mins. What time should I try and get there for hardly no ques to get in.
Shent

[quote=""ashmo""]What time should I set off? I live around 120miles away from Alton Towers. AA Route planner said 2 Hours 24mins Rac route planner said 3 Hours 12 mins. What time should I try and get there for hardly no ques to get in.[/quote]

Give yourself 3 hours, be there for 10 - 10 30 am :)
......The one and only... :sus:
Anonymous

Just a quick one:
Do you get ERT with online booking?
Tom M

And just a quick answer, nope. Only hotel guests and Annual Pass holders gain ERT.
ashmo

How do you know what time the park closes? It does not say on there site just check, where do you check?
Ryan Kingdaka

[quote=""ashmo""]How do you know what time the park closes? It does not say on there site just check, where do you check?[/quote]

Best bet, call Alton up on their help-line/customer services. They might be able to tell you, as it changes. However, Alton opens roughly from 9-10am till 5pm weekdays, and 9-10am till 6pm on weekends. Closing times mon-fri will most likely go up to 6pm during school, and summer holidays. :)
Shent

Ride close most of the time is 5 - 5:30 only on busy days such as school days off's weekends, will it be 6pm

sometimes though if they get alot of people on park, they will change it from 5 to day 6.

Henty
......The one and only... :sus:
ashmo

Why cant the park stay open late like 10pm.
Hello!!

Hi all,

I maybe driving to the towers for the first time this year and was just wandering what the best route would be from stoke onwards?

Motorway, back way over the moors?!

Chris :)
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go
stokywolf

Because guests wouldnt stay till 10 o clock at night, the palce would be dead.

From stoke, as in train station?

Well from anywhere in Stoke head for the A50 east bound(towards uttoxeter/Derby, accessible from the britannia stadium off the A500), once you go under the Meir tunnel take the next turning after BP Petrol Station and head towards blythe bridge, 2nd exit on the roundabout, go over the level crossing and at the cross roads further down turn left. follow the road to cheadle and once there follow the Alton Towers signs that take you to Oakamoor and onward. I would tell you the altenative but it would be difficult to explain.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Hello!!

[quote=""Stokywolf""]Because guests wouldnt stay till 10 o clock at night, the palce would be dead.

From stoke, as in train station?

Well from anywhere in Stoke head for the A50 east bound(towards uttoxeter/Derby, accessible from the britannia stadium off the A500), once you go under the Meir tunnel take the next turning after BP Petrol Station and head towards blythe bridge, 2nd exit on the roundabout, go over the level crossing and at the cross roads further down turn left. follow the road to cheadle and once there follow the Alton Towers signs that take you to Oakamoor and onward. I would tell you the altenative but it would be difficult to explain.[/quote]

Same route as the bus then :)

Thank's, that seems the easiest route. I only ask because my Sat Nav went crazy when I typed in the address, piece of crap!
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go
ashmo

What is the minimum age you can stay at The Alton Towers hotel without 18+ adults supervising you? Really with out parents.
Kelly

16 i beleive, thats with parents consent.
Lauzi

If anyone has purchased an annual pass with the nectar points, I was just wondering how you got it.

On the nectar website, it says they send you a letter which you take to a Tussauds attraction and they give you your annual pass once they have taken your photo etc. However, when my mum rang up a few days ago, they told her that they would send us the paperwork and we would have to send a photo back to them which they would then exchange for an annual pass. My mum asked if they'd changed the method, but the staff didn't seem to understand what she was talking about. Just making sure it comes with no problems. :)
joshua333

how much are adrenaline week tickets on the day?
i think i read on the alton towers website that they are only £20 if you order them?
is this right and if they are a different price on the day does anybody know this diferent price?
:?:
Crofty

Lauzi
If its anything like the clubcard ones from Tesco. You get a voucher for your pass and a form to fill in, you can send the form, voucher and photo off or you can just take it all to the pass office and they will do it on the day.

:D :D
Ryan Kingdaka

[quote=""Lauzi""]If anyone has purchased an annual pass with the nectar points, I was just wondering how you got it.

On the nectar website, it says they send you a letter which you take to a Tussauds attraction and they give you your annual pass once they have taken your photo etc. However, when my mum rang up a few days ago, they told her that they would send us the paperwork and we would have to send a photo back to them which they would then exchange for an annual pass. My mum asked if they'd changed the method, but the staff didn't seem to understand what she was talking about. Just making sure it comes with no problems. :)
[/quote]

I have just recieved an email from Alton info, after i sent them an email 2 days ago asking if they had changed the method, in which your photo is done. They said, that they still take the photo there and then, so you haven't to worry about having to go get your picture taken in a photo booth, which will probably cost you an extra £3.00-4.00. :)