Alton Towers Quick Questions 2006/7

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jon

Either you bring your application form and deal tokens to Alton Towers (or any tussauds) and they will tkae yor photo and make it for you then and there, or you send the application form and deal tokens off and allow ten days for them to deliver your annual pass :D

http://www.tesco.com/CLUBCARD/DEALS/PRO ... /P6000.PDF

for more gory details ^
Formerly "Dagoo"
hex_appeal

hey guys, just a quick question, is the hall of the mountain king still the official alton towers theme tune? or did this disappear along with "the magic" ?? if it has gone forever then i will be completely gutted, its my favourite piece of classical music...
Ryan Kingdaka

Is hex a walk around type ride, or are you actually on a train/car that takes you around? Has anyone got any photo's?
Shent

[quote=""Ryan Kingdaka""]Is hex a walk around type ride, or are you actually on a train/car that takes you around? Has anyone got any photo's?[/quote]

You walk untill you get the vault :)
......The one and only... :sus:
Jon

[quote=""hex_appeal""]hey guys, just a quick question, is the hall of the mountain king still the official alton towers theme tune? or did this disappear along with "the magic" ?? if it has gone forever then i will be completely gutted, its my favourite piece of classical music...[/quote]

People ascociated the park with that song. Indeed a lot of people call it "the alton towers song" because they don't know the song in any other way. However, the park doesn't own the song. It was comisioned or made for Alton or has anything to do with tussauds. It is a famous classical piece of music that is used in loads films and stuff everwhere. Alton have the lisense to play the song as much or as little as they want, but with the change of theme for the whole park they have chosen not to play it so much anymore.

So it depends what you classify as it being Alton's offical song as the majority of U.K recognise that song as Alton Tower's official song, despite the park not actually using it anymore.

Yes and no :D
Formerly "Dagoo"
leejay

Could someone explain this Tesco clubcard thing to me a little more please? We shop at Tesco. I have no idea what this deal is!
Jon

Well, like with nectar points in sainsburys or whatever, you shop there, use your clubcard, build up points to a certain amount where you can buy a variety of days out by sending them your clubcard coupons and they sending you back a voucher that you can give at the gate in exchange for a park ticket. Check out the website.
Formerly "Dagoo"
ashmo

How much would a 6/7 Seater taxi cost from Stoke Train Station to Alton Towers?
MostMagicalCat

i read online it was about 25 pounds, if that helps

here is the link

http://www.themeparksofengland.com/tips/transport.html
[
ashmo

Is the park open on 3rd of April? And will all the rides be open?
Kaycee

Yes it will be open and all the rides (except Runaway Mine Train... I think) should be operating. And you've got the added bonus of the Chocolate Towers event, so it's all good! :)
ashmo

Whats this Chocolate Towers event? When does it end? Can I still use the Tesco club card deal tickets for that?
Kaycee

It ends on the 17th April - I wouldn't really know about the Tesco clubcard deals as I have an annual pass, but I see no reason why you couldn't use them... if no one else can tell you though, maybe best to ring them up and ask.

Chocolate Towers is just a big chocolate celebration throughout the park with giveaways and chocolate entertainment! :D It was a big hit last year, you'll enjoy it. :)
ashmo

so will all the rides still be open?
Kaycee

Should be! Nothing is advertised as closed. Bar Runaway Mine Train, I think.
Nick

Runaway Mine Train should be working by Chocolate Towers
Shent

[quote=""Nick""]Runaway Mine Train should be working by Chocolate Towers[/quote]

maybe they will put in the ride manual "what to do if the train doesnt come back"

:P
......The one and only... :sus:
ashmo

Will it be Busy when the Chocolate Towers is on?
AstroDan

Chocolate Towers is during the School Easter holiday period, so yes, you should expect moderate queue's on most major rides.
ashmo

What like Buser than summer?