Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ryan

Charlie has gone down to 6th position on the ‘most popular rides’ list:
http://www.altontowers.com/themepark/guide.asp

Seems to be the right place for it, defiantly in comparison to the position it was in before. :)
Matt 125

I noticed that but thought nothing of it. . . does deserve to be there i mean how can it be better than Nemesis, Air, Oblivion or Rita! lol
Does that mean its not popular or that the through put has been made better?
Im guessing a mixture of not very busy at the mo and probably the 2 lifts are on(are they and have they always been on?) :?

Matt :D
John

The current standings of that poll make no sense, how can nemesis be the 4th best "adrenalin buster" but the 3rd best ride in the park?
timmy1372

I think its wrong that Rita is above Nemesis, ones a Classic the others a reasonable filler between now and (hopefully) something monumental coming.
Gashead

[quote=""nina93""]Lol,Btw My Brother Will Be Mad At You Cuz He Supports Liverpool![/quote] [offtopic]Hes mad anyway...he supports wanky liverpool[offtopic].
AstroDan

You know what? I think Alton Towers realise this ride isn't living up to expectations. 6th place on the list, breakdowns - all these extra bits of theming. They know somethings up - and I reckon they've had a lot of negative feedback.

I've a feeling they are kicking themselves right now.
Redcoat Jase

They have had alot of negative feedback, I believe! - People complaining in Guest Services about it etc.etc.!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
doom+sons1988

Why is Rita first place ? I thought Nemesis or Oblivion would be top. It looks like Alton Towers are trying to hide the fact that most of their recent coasters aren't that great as the orignal two secret weapons.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

Do you get any chocolate on this ride?
AstroDan

I reckon to a lot of people, Rita and Air ARE in fact the two favourite coasters. They offer unusual thrills (launch and flight). Nemesis has been around for years and even though it's the best to many of us, lots of people get blasé about it. TBH I reckon Air is #1 as most of my non-enthusiast friends like it the most.

Charlie in 6th place is probably reasonable - although if it's 6th now imagine what's going to happen in 12 months? 10th? 12th?

You don't get any chocolate, no!
doom+sons1988

Yeah I suppose. I think Nemesis is more of a enthusiast favourite.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Andyc Nemesis

I think that Charlie will go down lower than just 6th, i still think that it is too high. Nemesis is an enthuasts coaster, i dont know why, i think the history, the god Wardley designing, the queue line etc.

Back to Charlie, i think Alton will make many changes over the season
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

the ride has actuly grown on me quite alot, since the changes have now come in. After four rides to make up my mind it's a fun attraction, and the theming is alot better now than it was orignaly and i like the lights in the final exit. The lifts are also great to be in, and overall i enjoy the attraction, yet toyland tours was better!

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

Personally, I think it is pointless re-theming rides. It doesn't do anything except cost money. At the end of the day, it is still the same old ride.
Andyc Nemesis

It adds something new the experience, it adds something different to the ride some work and some dont. I think Duel was a good change while others disagree. Its money which will keep people attending that given ride.
Anonymous

I'm just saying that parks think by changing the rides name and scenery, people will think it's new. But, it doesn't make any difference. Sometimes it works, but usually, it is a waste of moeny.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

yes but CACTF has bean totaly changed, and is a toalty differnt ride exsprecnce with the pre-show and lifts added and the effects totaly changing, and it gives a very differnt exspercnce to toyland beacuse of the lifts, which are a great investment and make the ride, but with jsut the genral feeling around the ride is differnt so i think that, overall, they have got what they wanted, but i do perfer TT

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D