See Alton Towers From Behind The Scenes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
barryzola

Hmm, maybe i could get a little surprise tomorrow then? I wont hold my breath though.
Jem8472

I doubt it on the top of the e-mail there were 20 address so I guess if you had been pick you would already have it.
barryzola

Well thanks for building my hopes up again, simply just to smash them minutes later.
Jem8472

how did I build your hopes up? all I said was that I did not get the conformation e-mail.
Adz
Admin
Admin

something tells me barryzola is a little bit bitter about not being chosen.
barryzola

I was joking Jem, just sometimes i get sick of having to stick "lol" on the end of everything. I like to see if people are familiar with humour. Adz, you could'nt be more right, i think everyone who wanted a place and was unsuccesful would be a bit bitter in all honesty, however much they want to say "im so happy for you". At least i cared if i got a place or not. Thanks for noticing.
ShadowTD

I'm very pleased to see Alton actually bothering with this - if they become a regular thing especially during open season then I'm all for it. If the atmosphere is anything like the BH day they'll be awesome, although the BH day was a bit of a one-off.
RCTFAN

I'm surpirsed no-one has come forward yet about who got picked. I entered simply for a laugh and boy did i laugh.

i'm more of a browser then a poster on forums, hwoever i browse all topics everyday.

anwyho i got in and looking forward to it
Kaz

Well I have been picked to go on the tour if thats what you are on about.
Jem8472

as I said above I have been picked and by amazing luck so has my girlfriend. Just booked up a good B&B to stay in the night before
Kaz

The thing is im not sure if I will be able to make it or not. I have booked a club for the 11th and it would be mayhem to do both in the same day. Im going to try and re-book the club but if I can't then ill just send my cuz up to Alton.

They will be doing more tours, wont they?
Last edited by Kaz on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan K

Message from the park:

All applicants should have received an email congratulating them, or an email saying they were unsuccessful. Those who haven't received anything should send another email to [email:s4i9vc8k]behindthescenestour@alton-towers.com[/email:s4i9vc8k]. You should then hear either way soon after.
John

If youre going make sure you take loads of pictures of things the public don't usually get to see. It looks like it should be a really interesting day, I bet they have loads of interesting stuff lined up for you lucky few, I'm physically turning green with envy just thinking about it.
ashayling

If i go on one of the later tours, I'll take pictures of everything and maybe even some videos then upload them to the internet.
jimhaddon

Just got an email, saying someone has cancelled, and that I have been chosen to replace them!
wha hey!
Result!

They also said that they are having a few probs with the payments, and will let us know.
Jem8472

congrats! good to know that AT are replacing ppl that cant go!
Kaz

Hi,

Still no updates, I'm afraid - we're having some technical issues at this end which are making it difficult to get the new ticket set up on our system. I am expecting an update today so hopefully I'll be back in touch in the next couple of days with some more positive news.

The only thing you really need to know in advance of the tour is that it will be physically demanding so you'll need to bring sensible and sturdy walking shoes and appropriate clothing. Lunch will also be provided. I'm reluctant to tell you too much about the tour itself as I'm keen to keep an element of surprise!

Best regards,

Matt
Just got this e-mail back.
Anonymous

BY the line element of surprise!. I wonder what that could be :?
Dr Pop Rocket

/ Most likely a go on one of the rides or meeting a member of the design team who build the rides. But im only guessing.
Kaz

CATCF anyone?