See Alton Towers From Behind The Scenes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan K

Taken from the ATA homepage:

Wednesday, 1st February 2006
See Alton Towers From Behind The Scenes

Ever wanted to see what goes on behind the scenes at Alton Towers?

Well, here is your chance! Following on from ATA's poll about the idea, the park have decided to go ahead with the tours.
Here is the press release:

Alton Towers are delighted to announce details of their long awaited Behind the Scenes tour package! The first tour will take place on Saturday 11th March, beginning at 10am prompt. Whilst we are keen to maintain a surprise element to the tour, guests can expect to climb the Air lift hill, see exactly how Hex achieves its unique effects, enter the Nemesis computer room and walk through a number of scenes within Duel - The Haunted House Strikes Back!

At a cost of £30, the tour will last approximately four hours, and will conclude with lunch provided in the Park Boardroom. If you are interested, please send an email to [email:1dx17v7g]behindthescenestour@alton-towers.com[/email:1dx17v7g] before Wednesday 8th February. Just 20 places are available, so names will be drawn at random. Please note, only one ticket is available per entry. Those selected will be emailed full booking details.

The intention is to offer a similar package during open season, so if you are unsuccessful in gaining a place on this occasion, there will be an alternative offer available in the future.

NB
Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend this tour.
This is a physically demanding tour - all participants must be physically fit and be adequately attired.

Good luck to everybody who enters!
Kaz

I'v sent them an e-mail! It's on the same day as my birthday!

What a gift that would be.
Williscroft

Sounds cool, shame im not 16 till 14 days later :( other wise i would of entered. Glad to hear their going to do them in the open season though. Always fancied doing something a little different at the park, get to see it from a different view. Like walking the rapids, climbing the lift hills, entering the Oblivion hole and things like that. :)
Shent

ITs not like there going to check that your 16 is it :roll: But i think that will attract ALOT of people from this forum. :P
......The one and only... :sus:
CGM

shame im not 16 till 14 days later
This is only the first tour, I'm sure that more will come later
Tom M

Bah, I guess I will have to get someone to make me a nice fake identity. :P

I was joking, unless nobody cares then I wasnt joking...
Anonymous

hmm it seems a little unfair to only give you one ticket if you win, talk about billy no-mates! Ive still entered though, why not I say, why not. The Duel walk around sounds very good.
Shent

I dout they would want identity, But i suppose the 16 age limit is becuase you would be doing the same thing as a host would.

Matt :twisted:
Jamie Peters

I suppose we would have to make our own arrangments to get their, I suppose I could catch a train to stoke and bus it, though I'm at alton on 12th April to, though behind the scenes is fantastic.
Anonymous

If someone gets picked from TTF they must do a review on it?
John

[quote=""Ollie""]If someone gets picked from TTF they must do a review on it?[/quote]
- a review should be made compulsary, and include loads of photos of things we don't usually get to see.
Marshy

They will check your age because of insurance complications!
St Helens - 2006 Clean Sweep Champions and so far 2007 World Club Champions.
Jem8472

That is on my birthday but what a bugger I am working that day. Sucks really and it would be a bit of a trek to get up there. about a 3 1/2 drive for me
Vik

Ye im workin that day too, Im still going to enter it, if I win, if there are no holidays available, I could always come down with flu like symptoms or something like that for the day :lol:
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

barryzola

[quote=""nightsin2dreams""]Ye im workin that day too, Im still going to enter it, if I win, if there are no holidays available, I could always come down with flu like symptoms or something like that for the day :lol:[/quote]

Yes, i think coincidentally, i might come down with a bit of flu if i get a place too. Or just sell my ticket to someone for £80 lol.
Cameron

im working too, its not fair !
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i have put being 18 and all but i dought ill get in! theres only 20 people so i hope that one of us on the forum gets througth 8)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

ShadowTD

Entered! *crosses entire body*
Anonymous

Fingers crossed!!
Shent

Wonder if they would let me enter seem as im staff :shock: